unscented a/s balm

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by percy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. percy

percy New Member

hi, can anyone offer any suggestions for a nice unscented a/s balm?

cooling, healing, moisturising and fragrance free experiences?

many thanks

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

L'Oreal Comfort Max ASB. Not 100% unscented, but enough, in my opinion.

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The TSD Store has sensitive (unscented) aftershave milk.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  4. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Nivea Protective Lotion, excellent, non greasy, easy to apply, absorbs right into the skin. Non expensive. A well known brand.

5. senex

senex Member

Mandom Luciodo? (not sure of the spelling)
    Menthol and little or no scent.
    Can be bought from Japanese markets.

6. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

:signs011:

7. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

+1

I use TSD unscented milk after every shave. I also use TSD unscented soap most of the time. The combination works well for my sensitive face (rosacea). My last TSD order was for two bottles of the milk, since my wife discovered it and uses it as a night time facial lotion. Very good stuff!

CyanideMetal likes this.
  8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Nivea Sensitive is unscented.

9. percy

percy New Member

thanks for all the recommendations i will definately look into them.

has anyone tried any of the traditional brand products eg; t&h ultimate comfort or unscented balm, GFT unscent moisturiser, AoS frag free, eshave frag free?

10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Nivea Sensitive has always worked well for me. Leaves your face well-moisturized without being greasy. I have very dry skin, and the Nivea keeps me very comfortable all day. The unscented is truly unscented too; it has no smell whatsoever.

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I didn't like the AoS fragrance free ASB. My preferred choice is the Proraso White ASB. It doesn't have the menthol you wanted, but it is scent free (as far as I can tell) and is very easy on the skin. I use it almost daily and especially after harsh shaves.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  12. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I agree, Luke. The Poraso White is excellent for battered skin.

13. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

I'm in the same boat. My skin this time of year is super dry. I typically use Lucky Tiger which has been good all winter up to this point as it is alcohol free and thus not too drying. But I'm at the point where my face is just needing a moisturizer to combat the brush and blade. I've been thinking about Nivea balm as I can get that at my corner Walgreens drug. I think I can also get the Proraso from a local shop too. Any further info would be great.

14. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Truefitt & Hill is a very nice unscented ASB. It used to be a staple for me.....but I have been experimenting recently and havent used is as much as I used to.

15. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Feather Kanwa is another nice balm,unscented has good moisturizing and it isn't oily or greasy.