Unusual Ranger Tech

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TarheelFXR, Dec 3, 2022.

1. TarheelFXR

TarheelFXR Member

I know that this is an elderly thread but I’ll post a picture later of a very unusual “Ranger Tech” that has a brass head that has patent info stamped in the head and a plain ring above the TTO knob, a plated no-notch with lightly plated handle and plated side caps. I am guessing early post war pre SS.

I have compared it to a couple of prewar Rangers that I have and a brass headed, brass no notch (hybrid) and it is just unusual. Obviously it is some sort of factory “lunchbox” razor made post war. Any thoughts?

I know just post a picture

brit likes this.
  2. TarheelFXR

TarheelFXR Member

upload_2022-12-3_6-26-35.jpeg

Attached Files:

PLANofMAN, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  3. TarheelFXR

TarheelFXR Member

upload_2022-12-3_6-29-48.jpeg

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  4. TarheelFXR

TarheelFXR Member

upload_2022-12-3_6-38-44.jpeg

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I’ve always understood that those were a combination of Ranger Techs and Milords.

:)

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

☝️

I had one and was told the same.

Enrico, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Ranger Tech and Milords are one and the same sans plating where razor styles overlap. If the razor was a car, Ranger and Milord would be the equivalent of paint color options.

DrStrange, brit, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

To the O.P. there has never been a definitive answer to that but the most likely case is it is a late 44 to about 46 Ranger sold alongside the Regent Tech razors. What is known is in 46 all the TTO razors got end caps added to them.

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

One of the best ever.

brit likes this.