Update on the new line of RazoRock soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by blanka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I think it is from somewhere before this but here is where I know it from...

The movie "Evolution". Delivered by Orlando Jones.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251075/?mode=desktop

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    great googly moogly
    Utterance of great surprise. Common in blues songs, made more popular by Frank Zappa in the song "Nanook Rubs It" from Apostrophe in 1974.

3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

There was even a local Kansas City Chiefs commercial years ago (before Evolution came out, i think) where an old man exclaimed "Great Googly Moogly" after painting the wrong wording on the football field.

4. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

THAT'S WHERE I HEARD IT. It was a Snickers commercial. Thanks blanka, it was driving me crazy.

blanka likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Doesn't everyone like the Kansas City Chefs?

blanka likes this.
  6. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

This thread took a temporary turn, we now return to your scheduled programming.

7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

LANDED IN EDMONTON! Now hopefully Canada Post doesn't take until next Friday to deliver it :/

8. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

I agree that on the performance, most folks are favorable and the truly disgruntled folks are few. Even so, there's a range of opinions on that other board with the animal between pretty good and OMG best soap ever! Opinions on the scent (and descriptions of it) are a little more varied over at that website. That's my take anyway, which is why I want to get them in my hands and see for myself!

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

This is where I remember it from. (from when my son used to watch this, not me :D) At the end of the theme song ferocious beast says it as he does at least once in each episode.

10. theblindog

theblindog Active Member

thanks sodapopjones, just ordered the LOA Mentolipto. now, the waiting begin....:scared011:

11. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

I have the mentolipto, it is a fantastic tallow soap. Out of all my mentholated soaps its on the weaker end, which disappointed me. It still gets used because its lovely lather, just don't expect a face freezer. Scent kind of reminds me of candy canes lol.

12. Ryan Reilly

Ryan Reilly Active Member

Just placed my order at IB for the Sandalwood Soap and AS along with the Green Tobacco Soap and AS, cant wait to try them.

13. jjadamsfb

jjadamsfb Member

That is some geek math.

14. theblindog

theblindog Active Member

my vendor said the same thing, but I really want to try a razorock, so I guess I will add a lil drop of M-bomb than. :D

15. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Gave my neighbor a tub of Don Marco. He liked it so much that I ended up giving him my bottle of Don Marco ASB as well!

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    So I received my shipment a couple days ago. First suprise, I was expecting to see blocks in tubs like most of RazoRock's other offerings, these were poured in like creams. Second surprise was that the scents were very mild. I'm used to soaps having very little scent and creams having a lot of scent. I guess I should not have been surprised to find these croaps somewhere in the middle. The two flower scented ones were the strongest smelling of the four, but I liked the green tobacco the best. Unfortunately something in my skin didn't like it the first time I shaved with it. I'm hoping that was a fluke. It was a peculiar burning sensation that felt like razor burn, but when I looked, there was no redness or swelling. A second rinse seemed to solve the problem, so I'm wondering if it was a reaction between the soap residue and my old spice classic aftershave. I have shaved several times with the Sandalwood and been very happy with it.

Regardless, these soaps lather very well, release their aroma when lathered with warm or hot water, produce consistant lather and cushion, and in every way perform exactly as I would expect a premium shave product to perform. Hats off to Italian Barber, you've gained a customer for life!

SharpSpine and awake2shave like this.
  17. SharpSpine

Yes, and I'll add that the aroma becomes deeper and more complex when lathered with cold water too as I'm a cold water shaver. I've not found another product that leaves my face feeling as good as these soaps do. The LaFam soaps make my face feel better than even MWF, Mike's Natural Soaps, and TABAC do; and those 3 are top notch for sure!

18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    It's interesting that you mention those because they enjoy a very high reputation for slickness and moisturizing properties. I found the LaFam soaps to be slightly less moisturizing than The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream, which just reaffirms my belief that it is one of the best creams out there. I would rather use LaFam and Maca Root Cream than Trumper's creams or soaps. (I almost can't believe I just said that.) Trumper's wins in the fragrance dept. but who buys a cream or soap based on it's smell alone?

19. SharpSpine

Use the LaFam soaps regularly and you'll notice better moisturizing ability. I think the high quality coconut oil has some detox abilities that initially makes it seem less moisturizing. As there is less to detox I believe you really start enjoying the benefits of healthier skin.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  20. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Spoken like a true soap addict.:)

The main ingredients in the Maca root shave cream seem to be soap, coconut oil, glycerin and aloe.