Update on the new line of RazoRock soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by blanka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I think he's about ready to. :D

2. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

My three came today (all but sandalwood). Peppino is by far my favorite scent. Don Marco and Cheech are nice. I'll reserve final judgement until I try them.

Even though I'm a night shaver, and I just got these three in today (and 3 new creams/soaps last night), I'm not shaving with any of them tonight. My face has been irritated lately and I think it may have been the last 3 lime shaves preceded by 5 sandalwood shaves. I'm pretty sure I don't get along with sandalwood and the lime didn't seem to help.

So, instead of going for one of my new soaps tonight, I'm going with something mellower, T&H Ultimate Comfort SC.

awake2shave likes this.
  3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

lol trouble maker.

4. Ryan Reilly

Ryan Reilly Active Member

Of course they come out with a whole new line right after ordering a bunch of stuff, guess I'm going to have to breakout the wallet and spend some money again. I swear this whole new shaving experience is so addictive, never thought Id be spending money on shaving stuff. Anyways, if yall haven't checked it out guys go ahead, they have some pretty interesting formulas and scents for the new line. I really like how each shaving soap they have come out with has its own AS to go with it. I got my eye on the Sandalwood and the Green Tobacco soaps and AS, really like to see what the Green Tobacco will be like and of course its Razorock, so you know they will be great products.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    But you missed the Sale!

6. SharpSpine

The normal price of $6.99 is still ridiculously low for this quality soap. I'm quite happy that I got 10 tubs at the sale price.

7. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

That R-160 balm is flat out awesome! What a great smell, and works like a champ with oily skin. I really like the Don Marco but not sure about the Sandalwood one. The DM is a wonderful summer time scent for sure. Any one who loves the smell of Cella or P-160 the new RR R-160 balm is a must have. Joe at Italian Barber said he is getting rave reviews from this balm.

blanka likes this.
  8. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

No surprise here, but I completely agree on the R160 Balm!

9. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

Man, I'm still waiting for my shipment. This is killing me!:angry017: (sigh)

10. Sunflake

As good as the R-160 smells you'll want to drink it or put it in your coffee;) it's that good!

blanka likes this.
  11. Sunflake

Hirsute, did you order the 160 balm?

12. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

"The best part of waking up, is R-160 in your cup!"

Sunflake likes this.
  13. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

No, I didn't get the R-160 or the Sandalwood. I picked up the other three though. In retrospect I should have added the R-160 and doubled my soap order, but the price point is still nice after the initial sale so there's no problemo reordering. There's been such divergent opinions about how these smell and perform that I'm anxious to whip up some lather and get shaving!

14. Sunflake

Now that's FUNNY but very true.:happy097:

15. SharpSpine

What divergent opinions are you referring to? Most all that I've read have been praising the soaps. The only negatives I've found seem to be coming from those a little disgruntled about paying $30+ for these same soaps just a month ago. They seem to be having buyer remorse now and all the hype is causing them to over exaggerate any negatives they notice. At least that's my take on it from reading between the lines.

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Where were these soaps selling for $30+ dollars at? Were they sold under a different name or something? I haven't been able to find out anything about this. Can you give me a thread link please.

17. Sunflake

They are called Tcheon Fung Sin. They are made in Italy and now Italian barber has re-branded them as RazoRock "La Famigila." The original can be found here http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/

PLANofMAN likes this.
  18. SharpSpine

Yeah, that. Thanks for the assist Patrick.

19. Sunflake

Anytime Brian. BTW I love Great Googly Moogly! Where is that from? I cant remember.

20. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Thanks.