Upper Lip & Chin: Better Razors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TheBurgh, Mar 7, 2022.

1. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

Perusing this and other shaving blogs (and the interweb in general), I find a few fleeting mentions of the (non)adaptability of razor heads to cleanly address these challenging facial shaving areas. Most of those scarce comments address "thick" heads which fall short or risk nics to the nose.

Not looking for a safety razor to completely and effortlessly master this task. I am hoping that you have used some DE/SE razors which are better than others at helping you master this wavey zone.

Noob who appreciates you and being here.

Thank You!

2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Injectors are good for tight spots. Just a matter of finding one that works for you.

3. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I second what @BBS said about injectors. I use a vintage Schick to neaten my pencil thin mustache, or shave that area completely if I'm not wearing it. The easiest razor I have for those tasks. DE and SE razors in my collection do work well there too, but I've practiced and used them a lot.

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I feel that nearly any razor can effectively address these difficult spots with the correct technique. I will say, however, that multi-bladed cartridge razors may be the exception. Chop, stretch, buff, hook, bullfrog, are all techniques to address these trouble spots regardless of tool chosen. I do agree that injectors by comparison, as I have never used a straight razor, work extremely well in this regard. I am a committed injector user.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.i like the gillette tech for these reasons due to the thin head and mild nature.injectors also.

6. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

The Leaf Twig is a relatively low cost SE that I find is slim under the honker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.