UPS

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Erik Redd, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I ordered something and got free standard shipping. Tracking the package indicates it departed Bethlehem, PA Late Friday night and didn't arrive in Hodgkins, IL until Tuesday. I guess all the boxes that arrived over the weekend just piled up until they got around to them. It's supposed to be delivered on Saturday, but I'll be surprised if it is since I'm in Texas and it probably needs to go thru two more sorting centers.

It just seems to me they could be a bit more efficient, lower their costs and increase customer satisfaction, but maybe they prefer to delay standard shipping to get more people paying for the two-day shipping.

upload_2015-9-17_5-30-46.png

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I don't believe that UPS and FedEx do Saturday and Sunday deliveries. That's why I like United States Postal Service.

Erik Redd likes this.
  3. Erik Redd

I found this transit map for deliveries to my area, it's in business days so I guess UPS doesn't perform any sorting, etc on weekends.

upload_2015-9-17_6-27-39.png

4. Dzia Dzia

That's why I like USPS. I live in south Florida and my last RA was shipped USPS first class which I received three days after the order from Minnesota. YMMV. I've even seen special delivery come out on Sunday in my neighborhood.

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

USPS can be better sometimes... but I live in South-Western CT on the NY boarder and for some reason ("efficiency")... all my mail (letters and boxes) goes through Springfield, Mass rather than the much closer Hartford or New Haven, or even New York State. /shrug

6. Erik Redd

Looks like I may get this on Friday. I thought it might go thru another sorting center.
    upload_2015-9-17_16-21-27.png

7. Erik Redd

Consider youself lucky they don't route them thru the south pole. I think that's where the penguin sorting center is.

8. richgem

Yeah, but we make up for it in speed of swimming/delivery. :D Tho, the heavier boxes can be a bit of a challenge.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oh, admit it. That South Pole address is just a red herring.

trey06dmd likes this.
  10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Every time I order a case of sardines, and it gets routed through there it somehow gets "lost".

11. richgem

:innocent

Funny... all my deliveries arrive just fine. :innocent

12. cmorris357

Can you explain this surveillance photo taken in your closet?
    image.jpg

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  13. Dzia Dzia

Sounds like everybody elses red herring deliveries get sent that way too!:Animatedfrozensmily:

richgem likes this.
  14. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

At least the postal service delivers my packages intact. UPS seems to take pride in smashing boxes!

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

The spoke hub model of the USPS and UPS can be baffling at times. Sometimes you get the elevator and sometimes you get the shaft. If you really want to pull your hair out use UPS Mail Innovations. Your package will see more states in one journey than most folks see in a lifetime.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  16. richgem

Ive never seen those before; someone is trying to frame me. Clearly the work of photoshop.

cmorris357 and Dzia Dzia like this.
  17. cmorris357

Is that tomato sauce on your tux?

Erik Redd likes this.
  18. Erik Redd

He's smart enough to wear a bib.
    upload_2015-9-17_20-33-13.jpeg

or at least to use this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    richgem and cmorris357 like this.
  19. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I've never understood the complicated dynamics of shipping or penguins.

20. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

If that is the package from P&C and you did free shipping. It will go through another sorting you will get it from the Post Office.

Erik Redd likes this.