Using a squeegee on a tiled shower

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by markjnewcomb, Feb 20, 2015.

1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Last weekend I had my shower re-grouted. I have heard rumors that using a squeegee routinely after taking a shower will help tremendously in keeping the shower and grout clean.

Anyone have experience or feelings on whether or not this is true?

2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

First, one must have the self discipline to use said squeegee routinely. Thats not me.

Yes, it'll help.

txskimo, BigMark and markjnewcomb like this.
  3. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Even better would be to towel dry the shower stall.

Herm2502 likes this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

We towel it dry after every use. Our shower has 2 glass walls and a glass door, so if I don't do something it looks terrible.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It for sure helps. We had a mold problem but now do not. Also this is a great mold cleaner, best I have ever used bar none! We tried everything under the sun to get rid of mold. using this stuff then keeping it wiped off with a squeegee did the trick
    2015-02-20 10.45.27.jpg

Shaver X and markjnewcomb like this.
  6. markjnewcomb

I figure I can add a few more steps to my morning routine. I am going to try both squeegeeing and then drying with the towel.

When I had the bathroom re-grouted, I also had an exhaust fan added to the bathroom. Frankly, I was amazed when I moved here to learn that bathrooms were not required to have an exhaust fan.

Thanks, guys.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My experience with a squeegee and grout is that you cannot remove all of the water. I do it, but it's not ideal.

markjnewcomb likes this.
  8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

SWMBO is a believer of the post shower sprays out there.

markjnewcomb likes this.
  9. markjnewcomb

I incorporated both the squeegee and wiping down the shower into my daily routine. It only takes about 1 minute, so I figure that it is worth the try. Unfortunately, I won't really know if it works for a few months, but it is worth the effort.

10. markjnewcomb

Well, after about 2 months I can say without a doubt that squeegeeing the shower and spraying with a cleanser afterwards makes a world of difference. I was very surprised at how much water a vertical wall will hold. I have been not been wiping down the shower with a cloth because I was running through too many towels doing it that way. But, a quick squeegee and some spray really makes a difference. Thanks for the help guys.