USPS delays?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by txskimo, Dec 21, 2015.

1. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

So two separate orders have just been sitting with no updates for several days. Is anybody else waiting on a delivery? One of the packages was suppose to be delivered today but has been sitting in NY since the 17th with no update.

m54daboll likes this.
  2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I've had that from USPS for every package in the last few months. Something about layoffs and distribution center closures.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My dad sent a box to my sister and one to me last Wednesday. Hers arrived 1 state away on Friday. Mine has not. Heavy volume delay? Probably. But it turns out the new postmaster messed up and gave both boxes my sister's tracking number. I'm starting to wonder if someone along the chain scanned it and realized the number won't work and so my untraceable box 'disappeared.' It happens. We'll see...

4. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Go priority my friend...no delays for the stuff I have sent and recieved lately.

5. txskimo

It was from Italian Barber and Maggards....both of which I've heard good things with shipping within the last couple of days. I know this isn't on them but I'm not sure why a package would just sit in one location for so long with no update.

6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Yeah both of them are pretty good about quick shipping.

Hopefully they will get scanned once they hit Texas. Or they smelled so good...that they had to be inspected....lol.

7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Oy! You want to talk about USPS delays...

I'm currently waiting on an NDC Milord which I won on eBay. On 12/10, it was picked up from the seller in Maine with delivery to NJ estimated for 12/14. On Sunday 12/13, it was scanned as arriving in Kansas City, MO. The next day, it was scanned as arriving in Kansas City, KS (with no departure scan from Kansas City, MO). Since then, nothing...

Over the weekend, I tried to file a claim online with USPS, but apparently the package wasn't insured. Wondering what my options are at this point.

JR

8. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I had one package come from Tucson Arizona to me here in Florida standard mail get here in 3 days. Another from Tampa Florida sent 2to 3 day priority, it took 6 days. No rhyme or reason I guess. I've also read about layoffs at distribution hubs.

txskimo likes this.
  9. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Im not sure, but i imagine this time of year there would be significant delays

Joef likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I do know that today is the busiest day for USPS, I've had nothing but issues in the past with my delivery service. Hopefully your goodies will arrive soon. :santa

txskimo likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah I got two packages in limbo right now.

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Sorry to hear this.

I highly recommend Priority shipping, especially this time of year.

13. m54daboll

m54daboll Well-Known Member

My Italian Barber order says it is in Rochester. It is supposed to arrive in San Diego tomorrow.... USPS must just be very busy this time of year. I ordered priority and it still most likely won't get here tomorrow

txskimo likes this.
  14. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

You guys in the Lower 48 are often better off than us up here in Alaska. Orders can take anywhere up to a few days to a few weeks. I really get annoyed when Amazon ships Parcel Pool and my order is sitting in town for 4 or 5 days without being unloaded and shipped. USPS can be very unpredictable.

txskimo likes this.
  15. txskimo

I suppose it could always be worse, I was just really looking forward to using this new brush today lol

16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Must be the time of year. I ordered Nov 30 a Xmas package coming from Amazon - free delivery. (I eventually got it in 17 days). I re-ordered because it was a gift so I paid for priority mail. Had it in 3 days. Moral of the story. You get what you pay for I guess.

17. John Ruschmeyer

OMG, it's a Christmas miracle! After ten days with no updates, I got an email from USPS that my Milord had arrived in Kearny, NJ. This is the big sorting center for mail arriving by air through Newark Liberty Airport. Next stop should be Trenton and then my local P.O.

I may actually have it on Saturday afternoon.

JR

Darkbulb, Kilgore Trout and txskimo like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I ordered an Ubersoft 2 knot last Sunday from EnvyShave on Esty. He sent it out first class from Utah and it made it today here in NC. Evidently it did not go through the Fort Worth TX Postal Vortex. Very quick. I am happy with the service from Utah.

txskimo and Robyflexx like this.
  19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Im waiting on a parcel from USA (Im UK based) USPS tracking updates took 4 days to get to sort facility and 5 days to leave it.

Sent on the 6th December and its not here yet apparently it got to the UK on 17th so here soon. usually it takes just over a week to get here,
    I try not to have stuff delivered in December/January because of high volumes etc....

txskimo and Jayaruh like this.
  20. John Ruschmeyer

And here's where it gets messy... I didn't mention before that, on Wednesday, I filed a claim with eBay for the fact that I hadn't received the item. This morning, I received two emails: one from eBay (with a PayPal followup) that the seller was refunding my money (including shipping) and one from USPS that the package is now in Trenton.

I guess that when it gets here, I need to follow up with the seller and offer to pay for it again.

JR

txskimo likes this.