Valobra, MWF or Olivia's

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kurt, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Out of the 3 soaps Valobra, MWF or Olivia's I am going to pick 2. Which 2 should be pick:

Thanks

Krut

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Kurt, Valobra, or Olivia's soaps will do you proud! If your skin is sensitive like mine is, you'll never lose with these 2 brands.

3. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

I'll put my vote in for the Valobra Almond (non-menthol) soft soap. It lathers like mad and gives a fantastic shave :happy005

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I only have the Kent version of MWF and don't know if it's the same formula as the original, just that it's made for Kent by Mitchell's. I've only used it 2-3 times but, so far, I'm unimpressed. I don't have either of the others you mention.

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Valobra. The consistency is a bit different, but it's a solid performer.

6. crackstar

Bobbby, you're right--Valobra is excellent any way you look at it.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

I have MWF and the Valobra Menthol soft soap. I have yet to try Olivia's soaps which I've heard great things about.

The Mitchell's is nice, the mentholated Valobra has hardy any menthol in it although it does lather nicely..

Have you tried Institut Karite shave soap yet? To me, it's better than both of the 2 I just mentioned...;)

YMMV :D

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

+1 on Institut Karite

Of the three you suggested....I say Valobra and Olivia's. Im unimpressed with my MWF

9. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I really didn't like the Mitchell's Wool Fat all that much either, although the container is spectacular.

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Valobra + Olivias Crema = :happy093

11. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks All

Again thanks for responding! Great site for information!

Kurt

12. lucky

lucky New Member

I guess I'll be the guy who sticks up for Mitchell's. I love it. Not the greatest scent, but it makes my face feel soooo soft.

13. Will

Will Nevermind

No I will back you up.

If Valobra is anything like Cella then :cool: with me.

Oliva's cream = ummmmmmmm good, her soap = not so much.

14. crackstar

yeah, they're pretty similar, Will, but I find the scent is nicer with Valobra. Exact same great lather and skincare.

15. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

will take ALL unwanted MWF

Send it to me NOW !
    Havent tried the Valobra Stick or any Olivias products.
    Dont even know why I'm posting this. :o

MWF is great.
    Took me awhile to figure it out but the wait was worth it.

16. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I am now the proud owner of Michael's Kent (MWF) soap. I use it to face lather and I absolutely love it. I've also heard great things about the Velobra.

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

+1

I have no experience with Olivia products so I can't say.

18. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I would definitely go with the Valobra and then choose between the other two ( my preference would be to go with the MWF). Since Valobra is a soft soap, it will be a somewhat different experience, and it is a wonderful performer.

19. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

While it's the only one of the three I have experience with, I'll join the Mitchell's defense team.

Now, I'll start by acknowledging I've heard MWF is a bit finicky in terms of the learning curve to get it to lather well. I don't have an opinion on that (it didn't seem too out of line with my other soaps, so I just can't make a fair assessment).

What I can say is MWF lathers like a fiend, leaves my face really soft, and just delivers an all around great shave every single time. It's not just dependable; for me, it's a dependable all-star.

I, like more than a few of you I suspect ;), have enough product to last a loooonnnnggggg time. I am, however, trying to start a "what do I really like and want to always have around" list, for that date in the far distant future when I might actually need to buy new product (NB: "need" is not equal to "want"...)

MWF was the first product to make the list.

20. crackstar

my friends, I must say this--Olivia's soaps are awesome in terms of scent, and skincare is a guarantee. In fact, I don't know too many other soap brands that can give such soothing protection, and to make the skin feel great, but her soaps are NOT easy to lather. You must put in an effort to get a decent lather from Olivia's soaps.