Van Der Hagen Shave Butter

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by PloDrr, Jul 27, 2018.

1. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

Has anyone tried it, any experiences or reviews to share? I have it and tried a couple of times but wasn't crazy about it. But I'm wondering if it was user error on my part so I thought I would check with you guys.

2. oldcars

oldcars Member

If I'm thinking of the same stuff, it doesn't really lather right?

3. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

That's right, it's just a layer/film of the butter, no foam or lather at all.

4. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I tried it a long time ago when it first came out, back when dollar shave club was pushing their shave butter on tv pretty hard, it seemed like calling non lathering cream butter, was all the rage. I didnt enjoy it, not that it didnt work, just seemed so uncivilized to not lather.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

I tried it again Monday and shockingly enough it actually worked well. Weird to have no lather or "wet" slippery stuff at all, just the butter. But it worked and no irritation or issues of any kind. Quick cold water rinse and any left over butter was just rubbed in as something of a lotion.

6. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

It worked fine for me, i just like lathering lol, harry's has one my roomate swears by, they work, they just dont lather.

7. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I tried it, also Cremo. I couldn't get past the non lathering part. It was hard for me to remember where I shaved. hehe.