Van Der Hagen

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by PloDrr, Jun 21, 2018.

1. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

Has anyone tried this particular version? It's not bad, nice little blast of heat (not very long last lasting). Doesn't lather up per se, more of a slick when wet film. The water on the razor after each rinse makes it remain slick. Not a bad shave but different than what I am used to with a foam type of creme or soap.

They also make a shave butter that I didn't care for but will have to give another try. 20180613_065107.jpg

Paul Turner and ilts like this.
  2. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. How did you apply the cream? Brush, by hand?

3. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

It's applied by hand, I tried a brush and didn't work. But I basically apply some to finger tips and then spread across the face and neck. Following that, just wet my hands with warm water and massage it in. It goes from a white creme to a translucent/hazy finish. As you apply more water, it gets more slick like an aqueous thin film.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm interested to give this a try sometime.

5. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Sounds like what others have described when discussing Cremo (except for the heat). Not really a lather, but slick as anything.

6. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I've used the shave butter and found it pleasant enough to work with. I haven't used this one yet, though I'm tempted.

7. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I used the Cremo cooling shave cream, and let me tell you, it is super-cool on the skin when applied. It can be a little jarring if you're using it for the first time.