Van Der Williams

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Cool Breeze, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Now I wanna try willarko, I dont know why I think williams will provide good lather if mixed into another easy to lather soap =P I might have to try a small amount of this

45auto likes this.
  2. Omelmad

Do you think they would excel each other? =P

3. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

I think it would create a very rich creamy lather. I would be tempted to add a drop of glycerin for extra sickness. I will let you know after my next shave.

Omelmad likes this.
  4. Omelmad

Are you doing to do it? Will you mix the soaps together or just load from 2 different containers?

5. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

A trial mix. I will put a little bit of both in a container and lather and shave. Then on my next shave I will add glycerin to it and see what happened.

6. Omelmad

I would appreciate if you shared your thoughts on the mix. If its a good mix Im definitely trying it too =)

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Why do you think that? Tallow is tallow.

8. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

What is the unknown factor is the different ingredients and amounts of said ingredients...so why not play around with it.

9. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Well I mixed the two together this morning not a bad mix missing the "glide" factor and "slickness" however the lather was nice and thick with beautiful peaks. The fragrance was pleasant enough. So next shave I will add a little glycerin and see what happens.

Omelmad and Spud like this.
  10. Omelmad

Did the Williams soap add anything to the mix or did it feel like Arko lather? =)

11. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Arko has improved every soap I have mixed it with; Williams is a good soap just harder to dial in than arko to me Williams is a water hog but when it is properly mixed with the proper ratio of water it is a good soap.

My father used Williams and keeping it moist and not letting it dry out is the best fix for lathering with Williams...with Arko it doesn't really matter you get a good lather from a dry stick just as easy you would by soaking it for a while.

As with e everything shaving personal preference will dictate your decision.

Omelmad likes this.
  12. Omelmad

Of course that it true =)

I wanna get Williams to lather, I will try this blend. Sounds like a fun thing to try. I wanna try 1:2 ratio, Williams to arko

13. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

First why don't you soak the soap for a while just enough to keep it moist overnight then go head the next morning soak your brush (boar is what I use) drain the water from the Williams and see how that works before you mix it with Arko.

Omelmad likes this.
  14. Omelmad

I have tried that. I have not given up on the soap. I revisit it from time to time. I should revisit it and really really overload hahaha. And see what happens =P

15. swarden43

With so many other great soaps out there that are easy to lather, why do you insist on fighting to get a good lather with Williams?

Omelmad likes this.
  16. Omelmad

I'm not sure, I definitely have some top notch soaps. Loccitane, MdC, seifenglatt, MWF etcetera etcetera =)

It's more like a mission now, why would they still be around if it's such a bad soap?

17. swarden43

Because it's so cheap.
    Many people will buy something cheap, even though it isn't very good (not necessarily bad, just not very good), just to save a few bucks.

That said, many do get a good lather and really like it.
    I don't and I won't.

Omelmad likes this.
  18. Omelmad

You do have a point there. I I did get Okey lather once or twice, but didn't shave with it. I was just playing with it.

It's kind of a mission now. But only because it's a part of my ocd now haha. I must get it to work =P

I have so much other stuff, I'm definitely not relying on it

19. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

I also think the fact it is a mass produced American soap with deep roots,and it works.

Omelmad likes this.
  20. Omelmad

It has to work! That's why I'm playing with it. They wouldn't still make it if it doesn't work =P