VDH Fresh Eucalyptus SS, my thoughts.......

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by poppi, Jun 22, 2024.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I recently became aware that VDH has introduced a couple of new shave soaps. Since I've had good shaves from their other products, I thought I would try them out and see what they're like. So here go my thoughts. Remember it's YMMV in all things shaving.

Price/Value: I got mine for $4.99 for a 3.5 oz puck. I'll give it a 8 out of 10

Scent: If you're looking for a strong/lasting scent you'll want to look elsewhere. Of course that could just be the result of my covid wrecked nose. I get a pleasant, light fresh scent that I find quite pleasing. it gets a 7 out of 10.

Latherability: Took me a couple of days to dial it in but after getting it all figured out, the lather is just fine. I'll say it never got yogurt like consistency but plenty of usable lather. It gets a 7.5 out of 10

Slickness/Cushion: Nice slickness, the razor used just slide across my face and the cushion provided a very nice face feel while shaving. Giving it an 8 out of 10

Post Shave Feel: Very good indeed. Left my face feeling smooth/soft/moistured. It gets a 9 out of 10

Quality: Well, subjective for sure but I believe it to be a pretty good product that perfoms well and has proviided my with very nice shaves. It gets an 8.5 out of 10

Buy Again?: I would.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    Ursa, Queen of Blades and brit like this.