VDH Luxury soap (unscented) review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by southernscribbler, Mar 13, 2012.

1. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Being a huge VDH Deluxe fan, I figured that the Luxury brand MUST be better. Afterall, I have read numerous reviews stating how the lather explodes with very little effort and such a slick and protective barrier it provides. After one use, I can attest to the ease of lathering. In less than a minute you can produce fluffy useable lather and more after another minute.

Protectiveness, I was disappointed. It was no where near the slippery and protective barrier than the Deluxe brand. Moisturizing qualities were on par with the deluxe brand.

Bottom line, for $2 bucks more than the Deluxe brand (not including shipping cost), I was disappointed about the product and the hype. I did order the scented soap, but the order got mixed up and I received the unscented instead, not that aroma changes the quality. Will I buy it again? Nope.

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I bought the scented luxury soap a few months ago and I was also dissapointed in the performance of it vs. the deluxe and the glycerin pucks. I'll take the deluxe and glycerin any day. Honestly I was even dissapointed in the lather it produced.

3. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

That sucks you guys didnt have good experiences with the Luxury...I absolutely LOVE mine....excellent shave every time for me...I love ALL the VDH soaps as a matter of fact....just a good all around eco friendly soap!

4. Issac

Issac Member

I really like the Deluxe myself, figured it was too generic for this crowd. I was thinking about buying a 6 pack of Arko. Even if I don't prefer it it'll be good for travel. I ended up packing my shaving mug and brush for spring break XD.