Victomedic

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by goshawk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I found this shavette at a kiosk in Gerrard Square Mall in Toronto. It's a good, solid steel tool that gave a nice shave with half a Personna blade. The finish is matte black. There is a polished stainless version of this also. The price was $14 cdn. The manufacturer is a company called Victormedic.

Has anyone here ever seen or heard of these things?

PS couldn't get the pics to upload - will try again later

Goshawk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Hembree and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

I googled the name. Currently they produce medical products. Is this a vintage piece? Being stainless steel it can be sterilized in an autoclave. Advantage to the shavette style with the ability to change blades.

I've used a couple different brands of shavette. Curious to see what you found!
    When uploading images keep them under 1MB.

Hembree likes this.
  3. goshawk

Here are the pics of the Victomedic shavette.

In answer to your question; no this is a new piece and one of a considerable stock the kiosk owner had. I`ve used it three more times since I bought it and continue to be pleased with its performance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    RyX and Hembree like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

Nice wide head, like a 8/8 straight razor. Can you load a full DE blade, or does it require half blades?

Tapatalk via LG

5. goshawk

RyX
    Never thought of loading a full blade in it - I'll try that tonight and let you know.

Graham

PS I went looking around on Amazon and found this razor marketed by The Gentlemanz Club
    in a package with, I think, 20 Lord half blades and a case for $23.99 CDN

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  6. goshawk

RxY

No the shavette wont hold a full DE blade

Graham