Video: Cold Water Shaving 101

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Justin Linker, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Exclusively for TSD. The how to and everything you need to know about cold water shaving

SRNewb, RaZorBurn123 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Nice video Justin.. :happy088:

Justin Linker and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. Justin Linker

Why thank you :)

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very nice Justin! I'm definitely going to try the Van Der Hagen and the RR alum block with the handle. Does your skin improve in the spring/summer? Or do you always have dry skin?
    Thanks for making this super video!
    Kerry

Justin Linker likes this.
  5. Justin Linker

Thanks for watching, Kerry.
    Van Der Hagen has been my personal favorite shaving soap since day 1. The RR alum stick was definitely a $6.99 well spent. I'm clumsy and prone to drop the alum block and shattering it. I can get a better grip with the stick.

My skin is super dry snake skin that flakes and cracks and sometimes bleeds in the winter due to the low humidity. My skin improves vastly in the summer. So much that I actually didn't use moisturizer after the shave last year during the summer. Just a splash of witch hazel and whatever splash.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Tried cold water twice. Could not abide it.
    The VDH Deluxe is a favorite soap, and always on my counter. I use a Crystal alum stick, but I only use it to get a grip on my straight, or to help my fingers stretch my skin. I think these type sticks are more user friendly for me.
    Good job on the video!

7. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

When my mom and dad lived in a cold water flat in NYC (so my parents told it) my mom boiled water so my dad so he could have a nice shave every morning. When our water heater broke, I wet shaved one time with cold water. There was hot boiling water on the stove till we got a new hot water on demand unit install within a few days.
    Have used VDH pucks for many years, gives a very good lather, better than some more expensive soaps I tried.

8. Virodoc

Virodoc New Member

Excellent video, thank you for sharing!