Vie Long Silvertip Badger Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jmsodpc, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I have been trying to search but didnt see a thread dedicated to vie long silvertip badger brushes.

i have owned about 10 brushes and after selling...i am down to three now. Two happen to be made by vie long and are silvertip badgers. They are great.

One is a bullgoose special beehive handle.... 25mm knot and 52 loft.
    this knot is soft and feels great on the face. i usually bowl lather and it works super nicely. the handle is a bit thick and doesnt slide into my travel brush tube but the weight feels nice in the hand.

the other is a Vie-Long Silvertip Shaving Brush 16516
    this one has a super nice and ergonomic handle and comes in at 23mm knot with 53 loft.
    another superbly made brush with great face feel and lathering ability.
    this one fits nicely into a travel tube.

the only gripe i have is their logo...they both arrived with a partially worn away logo and i can forsee the logo disappearing from being rubbed away over time. i emailed vie long and they said if i mailed them back, they would reapply the logo...but they also noted this was normal for their brushes (i dont think i would like to pay the shipping charges from america to spain for the application of a decal).

pricing is about $130 each brush so they are not cheap...but they do hold their own against the competition.

anyone else have any love for vie long silvertip?
    photo2_zps2e949e5b-001.jpg vl-16516.jpg

RaZorBurn123 and GDCarrington like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have not had a Vie Long Silvertip but many people who do seem to rate them very highly.

As to the logos, many of the manufacturers have issues with the logos. I guess it come with the territory.

Enjoy them, they look sweet.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Personally, I wouldn't worry about a logo. It's a great looking brush! Enjoy.

jmsodpc, Shaver X and GDCarrington like this.