Vintage Caesars Razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Tabasco joe, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Tabasco joe

Tabasco joe New Member

Hi. I came across this brand new and searched everywhere for it. Does anybody have a idea of the year it was made and the cost? Says Caesars on it.
    Thx deb

Attached Files:

2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Deb, Joe,

Welcome.

In regards to your question; This razor was made to be used with the Gillette TRACII or TRACII Plus razor cartridge. This cartridge was introduced in 1971, and is still available today at most drug stores. Your razor is very similar in style to the Old Spice razor that was sold by it's self or in sets circa 1980s. The Old Spice razor and/or sets sell anywhere from $5-$75 so it's a pretty wide spread...

Your razor specifically, I was able to find identical to this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263389068013 looks like it sold for about $15 depending on what the shipping price was. You can see that they say it came from Caesars Palace Hotel in Las Vegas. Caesars Palace was opened in the 60s and still open today, so unless you can find a specific date there is no way to tell for sure when your razor was made. My guess is that it was a promotional item made in the 80s sold in their gift shop and/or given to high rollers.

Hope this helps.

RyX likes this.
  3. Weasel640

Oh also they are probably not Gold. They are most likely Brass.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It wouldn’t surprise me if there was just enough gold plate to make them “gold plated”, and that they were left as comps on the higher floors.

5. Weasel640

Unless it says “Gold Plated” in writing somewhere, I'd say it was entirely Brass. The eBay seller on that one does not say “Gold Plated”, they say "Gold Tone". Meaning they are guessing. Polished Brass is frequently identified as "Gold Tone".

Enrico likes this.
  6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

These are still made in Taiwan by Evernice.

7. Weasel640

Do you have any links or documentation that they are still making the Caesars Razor?

8. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I just know I wouldn't shave with it on March 15th.

Jim99 likes this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

et tu, Brutus?

McGrande likes this.
  10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The Colonel Conk verion may still be available. The razor handle is still being manufactured. It is not a Ceasars handle, just a generic after market product retailed and distributed by many companies.

The R-852G manual razor

http://www.evernice.com.tw/index.php/product/manual-razors

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  11. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The Merkur handle if still available is a lot more impressive.