Vintage English Leather and Old Spice

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Ray Settanta, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ray Settanta

Ray Settanta Well-Known Member

Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 2.jpg Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 8.jpg

Anyone have any ideas about the age of these sets?

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Soap on a rope. lolz.

I'm guessing late '70s on the OS... something about the font. But, I could be wrong.

Nice find tho. IIRC the musk is rather rare at this point.

4. Ray Settanta

Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 6.jpg Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 4.jpg Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 5.jpg Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 1.jpg Colgne, Soap and  Aftershave Sets 3.jpg

Here are a few more.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Most if not all from the 1970s or very early 1980s.

wlmcad likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I would so use up every one of those. :happy088:

wlmcad and GDCarrington like this.
  7. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Other than prison showers, soap-on-a-rope was a weird concept IMHO. :D

wlmcad and GDCarrington like this.
  8. newb

newb Resident Newb

I'm not sure of the manufacturer date...... BUT the English Leather A.S. Lotion is awesome stuff. Probably 60-80's, but I'm no expert.

9. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

The old soap on a rope hangs well in the shower wall. I also found that if you wrapped it around your wrist you won't keep dropping your soap which I seem to have a habit of doing.

10. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Wow Ray that is a nice score. I love the English Leather, and if memory serves me, I used to love the Old Spice Musk. I think I was about 16 the last time I bought one, so that would be 1979-80. I just do not remember them after that.

Did you find those in the wild or off the bay?

11. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I just went out to ebay and there are many soaps on a rope available. I wouldn't have thought so. I'm headed out to ebay now to bid on some Old Spice and English leather.

12. Ray Settanta

Actually, my mother found them in a box in her basement. She had put them there many years ago when I left home and I was not able to take them with me. I loved English Leather and British Sterling and liked to receive them as gifts. We both forgot about that box. She was looking for something else in the basement and found it. I was hoping that someone could date these for me because I really don't remember when I received them. I think mid to late 1960's and early 70's. Unfortunately, My memory is not very good about that time period.

Azarius likes this.
  13. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Even better that they belonged to you and they where saved by your mother for all of these years.

14. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Somehow when I was writing the above I thought it may come back to bite me in the butt. Now I have Habitual Soap Dropper under my avatar! Tough crowd on this forum. ;)

15. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

A new "Custom Title" is born...

16. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Glad to be the Guinea Pig on this one! Could of been worse!

wlmcad likes this.