Vintage FEATHER Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dougr, Mar 31, 2011.

1. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

This Feather SS Razor is the first and only vintage Feather that I have ever seen. I have shaved with it three or four times and used it around the nose and mouth area more than that. It is excellent and a little more aggressive than the new Feather SS. The workmanship is beautiful and well done; as you can see it is shiny SS and not the matt finish of the new Feather currently sold. Has anyone ever seen one of these? Best regards, Doug

Attached Files:

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have not seen one until now, but that is not saying much. It is cool, thanks for sharing!

3. Very nice!

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I saw one recently on ebay. It was a Japanese seller that lists a bunch of straights. It didn't say which metal it was made of, but the bidding was around $80 IIRC.

That said, I've been using my Feather Portable recently and enjoying it.

5. CSL

CSL Member

I have a small Feather travel razor with an OC head like a Gillette New.

6. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

8. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

should have snapped it up it -just appreciated by almost 700%. but then, everything that vendor is selling goes for some insane price- he's selling a sickle that normally sells for $10-20 for $86 + $14 shipping.

9. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Yes it is the same razor. I have really enjoyed shaving with it but now I am almost afraid to keep using it. I have never shaved with a $500++ razor before....until now....:greet002 to me. Here are some more pictures>

Attached Files:

10. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Nice Razors Doug , enjoy..

11. global_dev

global_dev Member

is it stainless steel? or just plated brass?

12. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much. I strongly suspect that the $600 (counting shipping to the US) price was just nonsense. I was asking about that one on B&B too. I'm sure it's an excellent shaver, but that seller is probably just hoping for someone with more dollars than sense.;)