Vintage Razor Restoration

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by jgreenepa, Aug 25, 2020.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I know about Glen Mercurio. Glen has a great rep. Who are some other vintage razor restorers. What are expected costs for a polish and restore job on a vintage Puma like the one attached.
    I just built a great edge on my Puma, but I'd like it to be restored. There's an ugly black spacer at the end of the scales I'd like removed and replaced with one more in keeping with the scale color.
    0F350C35-3E21-4D07-BA59-C5B269461CFA_1_201_a.jpeg
    5F4124D8-1A3C-4278-9A37-A4B6A99EA780.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  2. brit

brit in a box

Tom @TestDepth may help..:).he does awesome work..

Billyfergie, Karl G and jgreenepa like this.
  3. jgreenepa

Gary, I didn't know you shaved with a straight! Have you used him? Any idea about turnaround and costs?

Billyfergie, Karl G and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

pm him.he is a regular poster here and builds scales from scratch,restores blades and so on..fine work shown here on the threads..i like what i see.,and no i don't shave with a straight..he offered to set me up when i showed interested..

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  5. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary @brit - those are very kind words!
    I just have fun and mess around with things. I would hate to mess up your razor, so the Pro's mentioned (Glen and Doc226) are tops in their game... Can't get much better than them.
    Tom

Karl G, Billyfergie and brit like this.
  6. jgreenepa

Could you tell me about Doc226?

Karl G, brit and Billyfergie like this.
  7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

I don’t have first hand dealings, but I have seen the work he has done for Steve @Steve56 and it is the highest quality.

Karl G, brit and Billyfergie like this.