Vintage Wilkinson Sword

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dusty5150, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

I was rummaging around a flea market today and found this razor. I really wanted to buy it, as a first 'collection' type razor, that I probably wouldn't use because it looks like a lawn mower and it kinda scared me LOL. The contents look to be complete and the razor is in great condition. It had a pricetag of $28 and I'm curious if that's fair value. I'd love to go back and get it and display it in my little den.
    Thanks for the help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alpla444 and awake2shave like this.
  2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Dusty5150 likes this.
  3. CoinsAndMore

CoinsAndMore New Member

I think that price is more than fair. Especially with the outer box.

4. Rob72

Rob72 Member

It. Is. Fargin. AWESOME!:) You can use de-spined & clipped Gem blades, just as for the Valet. The Wilkinson has adjustable blade exposure, tho', and can cut much closer. I used mine last night and had a fantastic shave. For $28, I couldn't pass on that.

Edit: I will add, if you watch ebay.uk, the Wilkinson is a Brit razor, and I've seen the sell for $3 USD, plus about $12 shipping, insured. What you have in hand would be more than fair, since you can inspect it, and the box and papers look perfect (as does the strop). Ebay Stateside seems to average about $45.

alpla444 likes this.
  5. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I paid that much for one with out a box and no strop. I think that is a great find.

6. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great find.

7. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

I understand some can use the modified Gem blades, however the one I have will only hold a thick hollow ground blade.