Vintage Williams mug soap

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by Indiexsunrise, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

As the title says I'm looking for a puck or 2 of vintage Williams for my pops for fathers day. It used to be his favorite and I wouldn't mind getting him some. I don't know the going price on it any information on where to pick it up is welcomed. Couldn't find any on eBay. And if you have some how much?

awake2shave likes this.
  2. Indiexsunrise

Bump! I know someone has to have an old stash of the stuff...

3. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

They may have a stash. Doesn't mean they will part with it. :taunt002:

swarden43 and GDCarrington like this.
  4. Indiexsunrise

True enough. I have been searching eBay and found it, but it's usually paired with trivial crap

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Are you looking under Williams, vintage shaving soap, old soap, shaving soap cake? When I was looking for Williams it helped to search under a few different titles.

6. Indiexsunrise

I found a puck. But not sure about the price. It's not crazy, but I don't know what a good price for vintage Williams is... What's the "going rate" on a puck? Where would you draw the line. Said source wants 8+ 3 shipped

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

When I was buying Williams on ebay I paid from $3, $5, $6 and on one occasion $10 a puck. One expert said $10 was not unreasonable but being a cheapie I did. I took a quick look at ebay and the well is running dry on Williams at the moment, some will show up but I don't know if in time for fathers day.When I was buying Williams some months back I saw a lot of it I just looked on a daily basis and that and Colgate would always show. Members here should have some as there was one ebay seller a while back who sold members here a lot of NOS pucks from a big stash , there was a thread on it.

Only Williams I have left are 3 pucks of Tonsorial . Williams Tonsorial was for barber's and came in a 1 lb. wrapper , these I just placed in some wax paper and some old Williams boxes I had left, one puck is a little soiled. If you want that makeshift solution I can let you have them for a small price.

8. Indiexsunrise

Dale was gracious enough to sell me a couple pucks. so the search is off. Thanks for all the great info to search it out again later. Maybe I can pick a few up here and there while he uses that puck up.

Hanzo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.