Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Tragic just tragic :(

My Heart goes out to all.

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Same here. How tragic and sad. Another person with a grudge against the world who's answer to their problems is to check out and take as many with him as possible probably. Sick.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

My niece is a student at Tech. Fortunately, she lives off campus and is okay. She has friends in the dorm where this started. I believe they are fine as well. Still, I can't imagine what it'll be like heading back to class in a couple of days. Nor can I imagine what would make someone do such a thing.

I still remember the Charles Whitman sniping attack from the tower at the U of Texas in 1966. 13 people as I recall.

So very sad...........

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

oy, Michael, thank God, she's safe.

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thoughts and prayers to the Hokie nation from Clemson.

Seems like Moses used to have the Hokie as his avatar at TOP. I hope all his people or anyone he might still know there are safe.

Michael, glad your niece is safe.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Glad your niece is safe Michael.

Strange times we live in. :(

7. moses

moses New Member

:(

Micheal, glad your niece is safe. I've got a number of friends at Tech in grad school, and of course any number of profs I know well. Thankfully they are all ok, as far as I can tell. But that just leaves someone else grieving other lost loved ones and friends. Good Lord.

:(

-Mo

8. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

My university is in pretty close affiliation with VA Tech. I just recieved this email from our President:

I encourage everyone to take a moment of silence at 2:00 today as well.