Vitos

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by FortWayneShaver, Oct 4, 2012.

1. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Any thoughts on the pre-shave? I am vaccillating between getting another tub (300 mL) of Proraso, or getting the 500 mL of Vitos. The last latter is less expensive, but I have used the Proraso - old formula - for about 2 years. Help is appreciated, gents!

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Well I'm CHEAP so I'd vote for the Vitos. Unless you've tried the new formula Proraso and like it as much as the old. I've never tried the Vitos, but I am about out of my Proraso 100mL (I think its the "old formula" but I'm not sure). If you get the Vitos let us know how you like it or not like it. Does the Vitos come in the smaller(100mL) size like Proraso?

3. FortWayneShaver

Yep. Italian Barber has the 100mL, 250 mL, and 500 mL. After emailing back and forth with Joe, the owner - and an incredibly patient man, I might add!! - I am going to get the Vitos and see where it takes me. I will report back after I have used it, so you can see my thoughts! :shaver

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Fantastic....Thanks can't wait to hear your views.

5. FortWayneShaver

Well, I have been using the Vitos for a little over a week, and I can say this with confidence: it is underwhelming. :( While it does provide protection, and does help prevent nicks and razor burn, the scent isn't very good, it doesn't go on very smoothly, and it just can't seem to keep up with the Proraso. Having said that, I did buy the big tub, and will use it until it is gone, but then I will be returning to the Great Green known as Proraso.

Cheers!

6. D_popkin

D_popkin New Member

That's wired I love Vito's, and I have both.

7. FortWayneShaver

Yeah, I just don't "feel it" with the Vitos. It is okay, but that is about the best endorsement I can give.