Vote for SlagleRock

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SlagleRock, Oct 27, 2008.

1. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Vote for me in the Halloween Avatar Contest!!!!

A few important things to remember when voting all are things I've said and stand firmly with (or have "borrowed" from greater men than I):

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations -- entangling alliances with none.

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.

The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted (until I am elected, er uh win, of course).

Fear is the foundation of most governments (and is precisely why I should be elected, I mean win).

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder (except SlagleRock).

Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master! (And I will be proud to serve, er uh shave with all of the goodies).

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. (and I am the match!)

The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse. (Which is why a vote for any other Avatar, I mean candidate would be wasted)

One man with courage is a majority (I am the majority)

I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty

Our citizens may be deceived for awhile, and have been deceived; but as long as the presses can be protected, we may trust to them for light.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
    (in other words it's time to vote for SlagleRock)

Our contest is not only whether we ourselves shall be free, but whether there shall be left to mankind an asylum on earth for civil and religious liberty. (and the right for SlagleRock to get a top shelf, high quality shave!!)

My name is SlagleRock and I approve this message:happy102

**Brought to you by the Coalition for a Better Avatar Contestant**

All joking aside, these are quotes made by some of the greatest American's in our history, the founding fathers.

2. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Bump

Daddy needs cool new shave gear and can't get it in (insert most obvious Middle Eastern Country name here).

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

^^(he has a real job and can afford it. Especially in the US with his visa black card).

4. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

^^ If only I were in the US and there were such a thing as stores...

JayKay has the luxury of being in the greatest nation on the planet, while I on the other hand humbly serve that nation far from home.

You can't get any of the heavenly goodness of quality shave gear in the Middle East.

5. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

My Fellow Americans...

I vow to hold truth to the principles of the wet shave and report back on my shaves progress regularly through TSD.

Vote for SlagleRock's avatar and together we'll cure cancer!

**The statements made above are those of the individual and do not directly reflect on any credible organization**:happy102

6. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

**Chirp***

Damn being the new guy sucks! I don't get any press, LOL

7. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Sp since we have heard from the others. What are you promising to deliver. What are your views on Aqau Velva. And how do explain those pictures of you and a 6 bladed razor at that cheap motel in Bahrain. (Apologize for the misspell)

8. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Promises are nothing in modern politics because most fail to deliver. Unlike my opponents rather than promising what everyone wants to hear at the moment, I'll make no campaign promises. What I will affirm is this; an elected official (or avatar for that matter) should represent the people who elected him/it to office. While I will not bow to special interest groups I fully acknowledge my responsibilities to the Avatar voters of the TSD.

As for Aqua Velva I am ashamed to admit that in my Noobness I have not yet tried any Aqua Velva.

As for the "alleged" 6 bladed incident in Bahrain...

It was Photoshop!!!!

Check with my PR personnel, I was in Minnesota at a fundraiser for abandoned children who have lost their pets to tragedies such as house fires, cars, freak lawnmower accidents etc.

Vote for the Noob!

9. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I'm done. This reporter has seen and read enough.

Photoshop indeed. :happy097

10. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

You know how the Paparazzi is when there is a strong candidate they must work to destroy them.

Further evidence I must be valuable as "they" are working against me!

Vote SlagleRock for the Halloween Avatar Contest and make a Noob in the Middle East the happiest man in the sand!