Vulfix 2235 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by madmedic, Mar 31, 2007.

1. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

2. madmedic

Great review Ron. If you had posted earlier......I would have used mine for today's shave;)

I like the "floppier" tye of brush for use with creams. They are ideal for painting on a nice thick lather. For your own interest both Taylors and Trumpers rebadge this brush Both rather usefully use the Vulfix Original model number.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Ron, comprehensive and well-written review. I have a 2234, which is similar, and I still have it in my regular rotation!

4. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Question for the Vulfix experts? I see the Vulfix Supers at Classic Shaving and Vintage Blades, but I have never seen the Vulfix Silvertips for sale anywhere. They are listed on the Vulfix website.

Maybe I'm just overlooking them??? Anyone have any experience with their Silvertips???

5. madmedic

I have never even considered a silvertip.....the price increase is astronomical.

http://www.vulfixoldoriginal.com/

6. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

IMO the current Vulfix silvertips are overpriced and underperforming. The only function they serve is to highlight just how meaningless the term silvertip has become. Really there is no difference between the silvertip and super models, and given the price increase that totally is unacceptable. If you had some sort of bionic eye implant you might be able to detect a very slight difference in the shade of white at the tips, but not enough to justify the price differential.
    Apparently, the real quality Vulfix white brushes that were available a few years ago, but never released to the general public, are a different matter. Although I am not fortunate enough to own one, I have seen the pictures and they look entirely different, really white tips with solid black shafts. These brushes received good reviews from those who were able to get them. I know there are a few people on the various forums who have them, so if you want a Vulfix in a higher quality than Super you could try asking on the buy/ sell trade/ forums.
    As for Vulfix brushes in general, I like them. They are very well made and excellent with creams. I'm more of a soap guy these days so the Vulfix doesn't see much use, but I will have to rectify that.
    Great review BTW.
    Regards,
    Alex