Wade & Butcher "The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor For Barbers Use" 8/8 **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by sapito318, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapito318

sapito318 Member

**SOLD**

For sale is a Wade & Butcher "The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor For Barbers Use" straight razor. Razor is in Great shape, with original Black buffalo horn scales, brass bullseye washers & pins, and original steel (No sanding or grinding done). Etching is still intact, but the black coloring of the letters is lost due to the polishing. Blade is 8/8, with mild - moderate hone wear, but a nice, even bevel all around. Mild patina throughout. Has barbers notch, which we all love :lol: Would make a great shaver, or a great collectors piece. Includes box shown in pictures.

Maker: Wade & Butcher
    Tang: Front: "MANUFACTURED BY, WADE & BUTCHER, SHEFFIELD"
    Blade Face: "The Celebrated, Hollow Ground Razor, For Barbers Use", B inside of a circle, arrow pointing towards cross.
    Grind: 1/4 Grind (Considered Hollow Ground at the time of making), Barbers Notch, 8/8 at largest (Toe), 15/16 at smallest (Heel). Spine is 1/4" thick, Tang is 1/2" wide. Blade length is 3"
    Scales: Original polished Black Buffalo Horn, Original Brass Bullseye Washers and pins, Lead spacer? I think that is what is is...

The pics do not do a very good job of showing off this razor, so I am including a link to a plethora of them. The lighting was not that great, so in most of the pics the razor looks dull, but it has a very nice shine as is seen is a few of the better pics.

Any questions, please post here or email me.

Will ship worldwide.

Asking $399 Shipped Priority Insured CONUS. Contact me for international delivery.

I will guarantee this purchase for up to 7 days, so long as the razor is returned in the same condition as received.

Lots more pics can be seen here: LINK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.