Walk in the Woods Week 10/21-10/27

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by swarden43, Oct 20, 2013.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes, the leaves are changing, falling, perhaps even gone in some areas. I love this time of year - cool, crisp, the Autumn colors, football in full swing, baseball playoffs...

Another Theme Week upon us, ladies and gentlemen - let's go for a walk in the woods.
    What "woods-y" scents do you have stashed away? Oak Leaves and Acorns? Juniper? English Fern, perhaps? Let us know what you're using.

And why not a pic or two of what's happening in your neck of the woods this time of year?

P1010590 (Medium).JPG

Tdmsu and HolyRollah like this.
  2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I live in Vegas so you can't really tell it's fall by looking out the window. But the temps are coming down and it's nice outside :).

This week seems like a good one to try out something I got from the last Nationwide Box Tour...
    [​IMG]
    This soap doesn't seem to get rave reviews so I'll give it a couple days and if it's a flop, I might go to Honeybee Sandalwood Vanilla which also came from the box.

Tdmsu likes this.
  3. swarden43

Monday

Dirigo Blue PSO Aroostook is a blend of pine, balsam fir, and a few other scents thrown in. Great for this week's theme.
    Soap/Cream: Woods of Windsor + a dollop of KMF Unscented cream (because WoW doesn't lather too well, but I like the scent)

4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Monday - used the TOBS Sandalwood cream today

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, my Valobra stick is up in rotation this week. So, I hope "Almond tree" counts for a walk in the woods. ;)

6. swarden43

It's your walk. Enjoy it your way. ;)

richgem likes this.
  7. feeltheburn

Well, the Lightfoot's Pine Soap was a bit of a flop. The lather reminds me a lot of Williams. Light, airy, dries out and disappears quickly. I tried the method lots of people use with Williams. Let the puck soak for a bit then tried to load the brush. I got lots of lather but still light and airy foam that dissipates fast. Oh well, looks like this stuff will go to the shower. Not really disappointed though. I still like the smell of it and I'll walk around smelling like a pine tree - wait, make that a pine forest for a while.

Tomorrow will be Honeybee Sandalwood Vanilla.

8. swarden43

See my post above about WoW and KMF unscented.

feeltheburn likes this.
  9. feeltheburn

That might be worth a try. I don't have any KMF but this will give me an excuse to pick some up. :)

10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I'll be using the Oakmoss all week; hopefully I'll nail the lather by the end.

11. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

My neighbor gave me something he called a, "meadow muffin".
    The smell reminds me of my beloved aunt Gertrude,
    but the darn stuff won't lather worth crap.....

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. Erik Redd

I didn't have an aunt Gertrude, but I had an aunt Elsie. Lathering with that would be a moo-ving experience.

13. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

I really hope that is the name not the scent:lyrtuy5:

14. Erik Redd

Calling a soap "meadow muffin" wouldn't appear to be the wisest of marketing strategies, but then I never went to Business School.

15. swarden43

But I'm sure you've figured that out by now :happy102:

16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I always thought that stick smelled more like Musty Old Man Tree rather than Almond tree....

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I get almond pretty much the same as any other Italian soap. <shrug>

18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I used Stirling Scots Pine this morning after showering with Stirling Ozark Mountain bath soap.

[​IMG]

emmijack, Tdmsu and ChiefShaver like this.
  19. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

This part of the country is fogged over in the early mornings but open into full sunshine late in the day. I've been using the Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage and Cedar to bring a little of the outdoors into the house. Being out in the woods isn't an option for me these days but this scent reminds me I'm close.

20. swarden43

Started in the shower with Dirigo Blue Juniper Sage shower soap.
    After that, an application of Dirigo Blue Aroostook PSO.
    Then is was some TSD Blue Juniper shave soap whipped up into a fantastic lather.
    And all the while Chuck Leavell Back to the Woods cd playing.
    Seemed rather appropriate.

Tdmsu likes this.