Walk In the Woods Week 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jasman, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

With the leaves in their full autumn regalia, I thought it might be time for a theme week around the season. So, here are the rules for 'Walk In the Woods Week,' should you choose to participate:

The soap/croap/cream you use should be primarily wood-scented, moss-scented, or of a scent traditionally associated with the harvest season's typical (American) 'special' foods: Pumpkin, pecan pie, apple, currant, cranberry. Generically 'warm' scents like Tabac are probably too generic for this concept.

Here's my Monday:

Prep: Hot shower, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal Cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpsons 56 Best Badger
    Lather: Ginger's Garden Oakmoss soap
    Razor: RazoRock Bamboozled RAKE OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, XTG (5, 6, 7)
    Post: Cold water rinse, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's witch hazel, Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS splash
    Cologne: Xeryus by Givenchy

2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Tuesday, much like Monday:

Prep: Hot shower, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal Cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (4)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (8, 9)
    Post: Cold water rinse, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's witch hazel, Speick AS splash
    Cologne:Burberry Brit

Kizurra, Slow Joe and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

WALK IN THE WOODS WEEK
    sotd74.jpg

PREP: MUSGO REAL OAKMOSS
    RAZOR: 1953 GILLETTE TECH
    BLADE: RAPIRA STAINLESS
    BRUSH: EVERREADY BADGER-LON
    SOAP: TIKI INTO THE FOREST

I like the concept of a theme week because a whole month can get boring, so i'm game.

3 pass shave today DFS. I love the scent of this Tiki soap, it is not a regular cedar type scent, it is more complex. I believe there is frankincense in it which may be what makes the scent so dark and mysterious. Anyways, the badger-lon whipped up a nice slick lather with no problems. Finished off with the classic Musgo Real which has an oakmoss scent so i figured it would go good with this theme. Hope everyone has a great shave and a great day!!

4. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

After a day off and a blade change, this is Thursday:

Prep: Hot shower, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (1, 2)
    Post: Cold water rinse, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's witch hazel, Captain's Choice Cat o' Nine Tails AS splash
    Cologne: Gigember Estragone by Dr. Vranjes

Slow Joe and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE FOR THURSDAY'S SHAVE
    sotd75.jpg

PREP: MUSGO REAL OAKMOSS
    RAZOR: 1953 GILLETTE TECH
    BLADE: RAPIRA RED
    BRUSH: FINE ANGEL HAIR SYNTHETIC
    SOAP: GUSTAFSON WOODLANDS/ MUSGO REAL SHAVING SOAP

Started out with the Woodlands soap, but the lather was disappearing and apparently I am not a good enough wizard to fix it, so I finished the shave with Musgo Real soap. Since the reformulation Musgo Real is one of the slickest soaps in my den, because of this I was able to save my face from the damage done on the first pass with Woodlands. Finished off with Cinawood Boroka which has a sweet woodsy scent that goes well with this weeks theme. Have a great shave everyone!

Kizurra, Jasman and Slow Joe like this.
  6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I love this idea. I just don't have any of the right shave soaps. Although this has opened my eyes to scents that I have until now never considered. So thanks for the inspiration.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Jasman like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

WALK IN THE WOODS WEEK
    20151030_143433.jpg

Prep: musgo real
    Razor: Gillette ball end tech
    Blade: coma (1st use)
    Brush: omega s synthetic
    Soap: jabonman terra humeda (wet earth)

Had a pretty good 3 pass shave this morning. The soap whipped up a nice lather and has a very earthy scent that reminds me of when I lived up north. Finished off with leviathan which has a bit of earthiness from the coffee grounds in the scent. Hope everyone has a great shave and a great day!

Jasman likes this.
  8. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Sunday:

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea for Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (6, 7)
    Post: Cold water rinse, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's witch hazel, Pinaud Clubman AS splash
    Cologne: Le 3e Homme de Caron by Caron

Last day for this particular theme week. I hope folks had some fun with it, either participating or following along.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

Thanks Jasman for being creative and doing a theme week!