Wall Street Journal video about Art of Shaving

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by peacefrog, Oct 21, 2007.

1. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Nice!

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

The funniest thing about that is that, with the exception of paying for the expensive storefront, chair, "expert barber" (did you see the hot lather machine??! I mean, WTH?!?!), and so forth, I can get this same great shave every morning with my own straights!! But it is nice to see the rest of the world catching on to our mania!

Thanks for sharing, Bob!

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I received a HORRIBLE shave at that very store. They missed 4 spots on my neck..and im not taking.just not BBS...im talking coming home and looking in the mirror and saying.....WTF

5. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

The guy said he wrote an article in the WSJ about shaving a few years ago, but I did a search and couldn't find it.

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I'm scheduled to take a trip to Vegas in January (annual CES convention) and this will be my first time in that town since I started wetshaving. I hear mixed reviews about the AOS barber shaves, T&H shaves, etc. I'll probably take the plunge and have at least one indulgent shaves while I'm out there. Anyone have any recommendations on which store to visit, and specifically which barber to schedule or request? Who hooked you up the best when you got a straight razor shave in Vegas?

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like a bunch of questions for mantic.

8. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Yeah I remember him mentioning those high-end shaves a couple of times while reading his posts. Was wondering if anyone else had any recommendations or experiences to pass along.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I have lots of Vegas experiences, but none of them involve shaving. :D

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

From what ive read......i think people prefer the T&H shave to the AOS.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

12. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I've gotten two really good shaves at AOS in Vegas. Smoothness-wise it wasn't much better than I could do myself (after perfecting my technique) but it was a really nice "pampering" experience for me. YMMV.

--Mark
    [​IMG]

13. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Cool... thanks Mark. Do you happen to remember the barbers' names (one of them female, from your picture) in case they a) are still there and b) have an opening on their schedule?

14. mantic

mantic U TOOB

The lady in the picture is Sue Russel, who I believe still works there. She's usually pretty booked so I'd call a week or so in advance for an appointment.

--Mark

15. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Awesome. Appreciate the tip!