Wallet Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Robert Amato, Mar 26, 2016.

1. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

This is my TexTan bifold. It's probably a dozen years old, and looks like it is on the way out. I'd love to replace it with a new one, but TexTan doesn't seem to make wallets anymore. It's the most compact wallet I can live with. 4 cards and bills and it is only 5/8" thick.

[​IMG]

wristwatchb and gorgo2 like this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you have leisure to look around, mint vintage show up fairly regularly at antique malls, junk shops, etc. Just a thought.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Speaking of that. Today I hit one of my usual haunts and found a boxed unused Rolfs marbled cowhide trifold dated 1986. Apparently U.S. made. You'd never know it's 30 y.o. to look at it. The price on the Sears tag is scratched out so was probably a gift someone stuck in the drawer and forgot. Gave $4.99...considering putting it on ebay.

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Didn't happen...

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

*sigh* Fine...

0611162101.png 0611162103.png 0611162119.png

It hold everything from my pigskin bifold in about the same thickness so I'm not sure I won't use it...decisions decisions...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    wristwatchb and Omaney like this.
  7. Fattymaz

Fattymaz Active Member

image.jpeg On the high ( LV ) end but I figure a wallet should last a long time so why not spend the money

wristwatchb likes this.
  8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Thanks ... I am looking for a new one though, in this case. Not a vintage wallet. But I will keep my eyes open.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk