Wapis!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by mastermute, May 23, 2008.

1. First one honed like a jewel working on second now. Thanks for your input !

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That's great, Lee - good luck for the other one!

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

:signs107:happy096

4. Second Wapi is now in rotation !!! I am so proud !!! Plus - I cooked a wonderful Zwiebelrostbraten mit Kartoffelsalat last night to boot !!! It has been a good week :cool:

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Mmmmmhhh.... now that's my kinda meal :happy088 :eatdrink047

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Mine came today!

[​IMG]
    Kinda looked like the whole Army tested it.

7. That's too bad - both of mine appear unused.

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Looks good Steve, sorry to hear it's not "Mint"......I have been tempted to try one of these....they were a lot better value when they were $5.....oh well, 5/8 is not my favorite size anyways :)

Not good to hear that warped blades are being shipped out...:(

9. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Yepper! Threw it in the drawer. Will play with it later.

10. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Well, none of my Wapis are 100% mint, I guess they were handled in bulk at some point in time so the scales can have some scratches, but the blades have always been in perfect condition. And of the 7+10 I have I don't have a warped blade...

Sorry to hear that you didn't find it good, I'm [as you probably guessed from this thread] a very satisfied customer!

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

:happy102 Not everything works out and I'm glad yours have. I only took a chance on one, maybe I should have bought more. :D I just got the one they drug behind a tank.
    It'll work out on a day when my nerves are steady! :whacky098

12. fritz

fritz New Member

Actually, not counting the scales (which you would change anyway), the blade doesn't look all that bad in your picture. It is a stamped one, at least, and those are mostly the better ones.

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I got my wapi and double arrow in the mail. Sending them off for honing. Very excited to give them a run. My first real straights. Pushing the shavette to the side.

14. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Thanks Fritz! I lost the scales, buffed the blade and will hone soon. It'll turn out! I've got to stop by Woodcraft and see what they have that might make some scales. One in oak is enough! :D

15. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

I got my Wapi yesterday and I sent it off to be honed and rescaled today. :)

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very cool, guys!

@Rod: You're gonna love 'em!
    @Mr. Tadashi: Wapi rescales are always good - even though I like the sturdy steel-handles.

17. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

18. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

19. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I need to amend my previous statement about the Double Arrow razors. After some tinkering with my honing, I got my lone DA to shave beautifully. I'll see how it goes shave after shave but for $14 shipped, I recommend them.

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I could not believe my double arrow, when I got it, it seemed super sharp, stropped it on a book for a second and it popped hanging hairs. Crazy.. I am sending both the wapi and double arrow for honing.