Warning unscrupulous vendor

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Leclec13, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

Beware of EVAN LAVELY - he is a member of at least 2 shaving groups on Facebook. He tries to do business via PMs, For razor sales, honing, restoration work. he sells straight razors @ eBay User ID of evlav_19 and on Etsy under the name RazorsEdgeByEvan. I can personally verify he had ripped me off, and others. He has partially compensated me from bogus sale from earlier this year, hope no one else gets ripped off. He is bad mark on an an otherwise trustworthy community.

2. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

How has he ripped you off?

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :signs011:

S Barnhardt and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. Leclec13

For me I purchased a set of 4 Naniwa SS stones in July for $ 200
    The stones never shipped. First there was a period of no contact.
    Then Followed promises multiple times to refund, and or ship the set of stones. Followed by periods of no contact.
    He once sent me a bogus tracking number, that package was delivered to other state.
    I also found out that he simultaneously sold same set of stones to another member, who also was taken for a few months.
    He finally refunded my money after four months at the end of December, and offered 2 razors as a bonus. He recently verbally abusively reneged on the bonus, and blocked any further communication via social media site. Also no apology or explanation offered as to 4 month delay in refund, or never shipping purchase.

I have been in contact with others that they were also bilked on razor honing/ restoration work, and or purchases. Some who have been refunded, and/or razors returned after months. I was assisted by others who were also ripped off to get my money back. I was able to help one other person get refunded, Another person I’m in contact with is still out razors and money paid to restore/ hone.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I couldnt find him on ebay, but found him on etsy. Can you send a link to his site on ebay??

6. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Her you go: https://www.ebay.com/usr/evlav_19

I have no experience with this person. But do find it odd that their eBay profile has only been active not even two months...

DaltonGang likes this.
  7. Leclec13

Yep that’s it. He bilked many people including me. Not using PayPal. He only recently resurfaced In November.