Washington Razor 1st shave

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by 45auto, May 10, 2015.

1. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

P5100129.jpg

Shaver) Wosty 7/8
    Soap) SRD sensitive skin
    PSO) DIY Eucalyptus
    Brush) VDH Boar
    Witch Hazel
    AS) DIY Himalayan bay rum
    ASB) DIY Sweet Orange

I can see why some people like these heavy bladed shavers. I cleaned it up honed it 4-8k norton c12k to polish Chrom ox to finish stropping linen 50 laps leather 75 laps on both vintage horse hide and Illinois #127
    the blade honed nicely and rather easy and it shaved like a dream. The men in the mid 1800's had used some really nice shavers every bit as good as modern day razors,the blade doesn't sing much but smooth...DFS on a 3-pass run.

2. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    There ya go !!!!

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Excellent! Just keep the pivot pin intact and tight (the occasional tap) and you're good to go for many shaves with a piece of Sheffield history!
    Those big blades may not be as noisy as the smaller full-hollows, but they'll mow down pretty much any stubble thrown at 'em!

5. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

You are 100% dead on with your comment Kevin...shaving with these older blade makes me wonder the person's or persons who used it before me...you know the back story...it always makes me wonder.
    Take care.

6. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Kevin & Glen
    The Washington razor has a lot of spine wear also the blade has that wide hone area i.e edge of the bevel should I be using more than 1 layer of tape when honing to get a proper bevel at the correct place on the edge?