We had a visitor...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Baron, May 17, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron New Member

Had some company outside the other day...

[​IMG]

Just sat there for about 20 minutes looking around. Although the dog wasn't sure what to make of it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He eventually just turned around and left.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

I am suprised you dog was so tame with him around.

3. Baron

Baron New Member

He wasn't really sure what to make of it. He would go up and sniff at it, at which point it would kind of snap and hiss, but didn't go anywhere. Frank (the dog) would jump back, and then go back and sniff again.

Note: It looks like it's caged... it's not, the fence is just curved around right there, and the rock is to cover the gap in the bottom so the dogs can't get out.

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Was he chucking wood? :D

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

What is that? a Beaver? looks pretty big...

you could make a few shaving brushes if you shaved off all that hair....

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Darn woodchucks! I have a whole family of them under a shed in my backyard. I live in a suburb for crissakes! I can't shoot 'em in city limits (and wouldn't anyway...my daughter would shoot me!), and I don't know about trying to trap 'em...

Maybe some fox urine or ammonia or something to scare 'em off. Anybody tried anything like that?

7. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

I've seen a few of these near Clemson campus too. Right behind Clemson House in the apartments I live in.

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

We have a family joke. My wife and friend of hers, back on Long Island, were yakking one day when one of these things came waddling by. They thought it was a rabid beaver. :rofl

When I worked on a farm as a kid, it was one of my jobs to rid the fields of woodchucks so they didn't break horses legs or tractor axles. Bale of hay, a Remington .22 bolt action, 4x Scope, .22 Remington Yellow Jackets and a lot of patience.

9. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Wow! My dog has gotten hold of possums; ground hogs; and squirlles; the cats stay away, but if she ever saw anything that big, I think she would have a stroke! I would probably faint!:p