Weber Razor prices lately

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It's been really interesting to watch the last 5-6 weber razors that went up on eBay.
    With the discontinuation of their heads - and only selling handles these days - these full Weber razor sets are fetching a pretty penny or two.

Looking just at sold listings for April of this year:

Weber head w/ Classic handle. 13 bids: $340
    Weber head w/ Classic handle. 1 bid. $160
    Weber head w/ Wave handle. 29 bids. $295
    Weber head w/ Classic and Bulldog handle. (I took off $25 for the xtra handle). 20 bids, $184
    Weber head w/ Bulldog handle. 8 bids. $170

Note: These were all 'as new' or in very, very good condition.

That's a rough average of ~ $230 for a nice Weber head and handle.

Right now there's a BIN for $312 that might not even be way out of line...

So I think it's safe to say that either;
    a) There's a lot of tax refund money out there, and/or
    b) The Weber razor is officially now a highly priced collector's item a la Tradere.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's crazy! You can get an ATT that'll be perfect, and if you don't like it exchange or get a refund within 30 days. That's how you do business.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I considered the Weber to be a great deal at $70 when I purchased mine a couple of years ago. Why did they go out of production?

Robyflexx, Darkbulb and PatrickA51 like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I have the ATT 7pc. Set. I like it but at the end of my 30 day rule I will probably go back to using my Weber. I really like the way it feels as compared to the ATT. I should have bought two Weber's when I bought my Weber.

Robyflexx and wristwatchb like this.
  5. PatrickA51

Those prices are crazy. e-bay is a joke!

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

They did have some QA issues with their heads having a bit of a wave to them which resulted in poor shaving performance.
    Having said that they did appear to have that resolved at the end of their production run so not sure what in the end made them focus solely on handles.

wristwatchb likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I would actually argue against that. eBay is a marketplace and what an item sells for there is what people were willing to pay for it.

Especially for discontinued items places like eBay are often the only place where you can even find these and other items.

Robyflexx, 178-bplatoon and spacehobo like this.
  8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

It is shame really. If they had kept up on the QC they would still be available and at a good price.

RaZorBurn123 and theFAT98 like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It was, as far as I know, the lowest priced made-in-the-US, all stainless steel, quality razor made in the last 10 years or so.

10. BigMark

It might have been the cheapest but the QC was terrible. I had two and they both had wavy blades. Quality is a relative term. Before this goes any farther let us agree to disagree.

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I actually agree. "Quality" is a vague and often rather subjective term and I shouldn't use that to describe an item in the first place.

I just bought some Webers sight unseen (no...not from eBay...) and it'll be interesting to see if they have any quality issues. Fingers crossed.

BigMark likes this.
  12. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

No disrespect to anyone that likes them but i can't see paying $200 for a razor. Not with so many great vintage razors out there.

But if its your thing then go for it.

13. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I have an original, first batch Weber DLC razor in near mint condition that I don't use any more as I've slipped into the SE abyss. I would have never thought that the Weber could fetch that kind of $$$.

Darkbulb likes this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

No joke if someone purchases an item at that price. ;)

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Wow! Tempted to sell mine at those prices but I think I'll just hold onto it. I like the way it shaves :)

tuxxdk and Darkbulb like this.
  16. BigMark

The thing I hate is that Antique dealers will use the bay to research prices. At least around my neck o the woods. No wonder some prices are nuts while others are acceptable.

Ceferguson likes this.
  17. PatrickA51

When they start sell for $300.00 I might think about selling mine.

Ceferguson and Darkbulb like this.
  18. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Those are some crazy prices. Now ask that lucky dude Omar how much he just paid for his.
    You don't appreciate things until there gone. I thought I would have plenty of time to pick up a weber razor. Oh well.

Darkbulb likes this.
  19. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Never thought that they would discontinue the model.

I appreciate my Weber and will treat her better now that I can't just buy another.

Darkbulb likes this.
  20. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

I put a few of them on my watch list. And watched them go up and up. I think the cause of it was Chris of TSE saying that the Weber was his favorite shaver on one of his vids. Ha.
    I wouldn't mind having one and trying it. But that's a hefty price. Is rather out my money on a 1934 Aristocrat. YMMV. :)

178-bplatoon and Troy M like this.