Weekly Chat - abcd eShave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by burningdarkness, Jun 14, 2009.

1. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Sorry for the wait, ladies and gentlemen. I've been quite busy the last couple of days and writing this weeks review completely slipped my mind.

It's time to finally lift the curtains on this week's aftershave of choice.

We've already seen reviews for a number of aftershave products - almost every aftershave splash I own. Thus, as there isn't much in the realm of splashes that still needs to be covered, I will be reviewing a balm.

eShave aftershave balm (it says aftershave cream on the package).

[​IMG]

My first tub of this was of the cucumber scent. To be quite honest, it's not the best reproduction of cucumber, but does smell nice. If you're looking for something that smells like cucumber, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a balm that works extremely well, then this is your product.

After using the cucumber aftershave balm a few times, I purchased a tub of the white tea balm, the only other flavor they had at the time. The scent of this is much more true to its name and is a lightly caffeinated scent similar to the Provence Sante Green Tea. There is also now an almond scent, but I do not know what it smells like.

Simply put, this stuff is marvelous. It isn't the greatest in summer because it's very thick even for a balm (it's fabulous in the winter). Overlooking that, it's highly soothing, very moisturizing, and does great things for your face after a shave whether rough or regular.

While the price on this may be off-putting to some, a little goes a long way, so it's not as expensive as it may initially seem.

All in all, this is a fantastic aftershave product that everyone with a dry face and everyone that lives where there is winter should own.

I look forward to hearing other peoples' experiences with this stuff.

2. heirkb

heirkb New Member

The white tea cream REALLY burned my face during one of my shaves. Don't really know why though...haven't tried this ASB

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I found the White Tea eshave cream to be a decent product. I just used up the last of the sample. The sample of the ASB is still going. Very nice product a little does indeed go a long way. Sticky initially, but does absorb and moisturize.

4. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Nice job Dom. Thanks for that review. A couple q's for anyone that may be interested. What is the cost, and where do you find them? It sounds like you've got a B&M where they're available.

Never been much into balms myself, but this sounds nice. Maybe once I'm back living in a true winter state I'll have to revisit the whole balm scene.

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

eShave cucumber balm? Hmmm, never heard of it. :D

But seriously, this is some great stuff. Dom was kind enough to send me a sample in my newbies win, and I loved the stuff. This is definitely on my want list. Cools a rough shave and does a great job of moisturizing.

6. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

I think detailsformen carries this stuff, they also now sell some things through amazon. (I have only bought from them once, but had a very good experience)

Dom sent me a sample too (Sparky, Dom needs a special title, Sample Czar or something to that effect)

It's great suff, a little goes a long way, very soothing, nice cucumber scent.

As said previously it may be a little too rich for anything other than wintertime use.

7. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

King of Samples
    We Queens could use a couple of Kings ;)

8. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

You're welcome, Shep.

The cost on a tub of this should be $22 even. I find them locally at Stoddard's Cutlery, but they can also be found online at a number of places.

www.detailsformen.com
    www.smallflower.com
    www.eshave.com

Personally, I'd recommend Details for Men. They've got great customer service, great prices, almost always have a special running, and send samples in every order.

9. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Nice review Dom! I do admit that this stuff is really good especially for those with dry skin. A little does go a LONG WAY! Bong sent me a sample of the unscented and it was a real treat. I would imagine the tub would last a very long time. Very soothing and really nice after a rough shave. Very good stuff!