weishi adjustable has arrived

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rbilly, Aug 2, 2018.

1. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I know we have had one review so far, not so great, but my roomate ordered one for my bday and i got it yesterday before work.
    My review: first is packaging, i want to like it but its really just a picture of a hipster on the cover, and living in california that seems to be the norm here, but besides the picture the box is fine, it comes with a pack of weishi blades and a bandana and a little book that gives you different options on how to use your bandana, the bandana has weishi graphics on it. For this shave I used a gillette Nacet blade on its first use, and some vdh deluxe. The razor i recieved looks well built, everything lines up fine, its probably luck when it comes to these mass produced razors but this one looks great and shaves fine. It feels balanced and I like the weight. I shaved with it on 6, initially i was not really happy with it as someone who usea a super adjustable a lot i was matching my angle to that razor, once I realized this razor takes a steeper angle it shaved fine, got a 2 pass dfs almost bbs with a little bit of touch up, this razor has great audible feedback when cutting through your beard, i did not have any issues with the razor clogging and it shaved equally on both sides. Overall i enjoy this razor and will probably keep it around for a bit. 20180802_064413.jpg 20180802_064543.jpg 20180802_065019.jpg

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good for you. Well written review. Enjoy your new adjustable razor.

3. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Thanks, its not my favorite, it will probably end up in my camping bag to be honest, right now i have to many razors going on, will probably end up with my pre war tech, gem and super adjustable as my go to razors, for some reason though i have a soft spot for weishi's they have always provided a great shave, i cant see myself spending the kind of money that some of the newer adjustable cost, so adding a new razor is always a good thing even if it is not top of the line.

Edison Carter and Jayaruh like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How long is the handle?

5. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Im not sure, i will measure when i get home, its close to the super 108, maybe slightly longer.