Welcome Message!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Lee Russell, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Lee Russell

Lee Russell Member

Hey Guys, Hope you're doing Great Today! Just new out here... I think what better way to start a conversation is to by asking a question "What is the difference between Electric Shaver and Trimmer" (I meant your Result :) )

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama!

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Welcome! As to your question, one of those things members of this board might be using. The other thing, none of us uses.:D

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Lee Russell! Glad you found us and signed up. This website is all about the discussion of "Wet Shaving". That usually implies making a lather from a cream or soap, even using canned foam, and shaving for maximum beard reduction. The fine points go into shaving without irritation or razor bumps, the qualities of soap and post shave products such as scent, or post shave feel.
    Mind if I fix that for you? The difference between a razor and most any electric hair trimming device?
    Left is with a razor, right an electric.
    hair razor versus electric.gif Pictures = 1k words. Straight razors are maintained by honing & stropping. Those with replaceable blades get renewed with inexpensive new, cheap, sharp edges. Electric razors and trimmers generally are used until dull and tossed, or replacement blades of a proprietary nature are purchased at high cost if still available.
    I hope I helped to clarify the issue. Other members will probably add to the discussion. Some may even try to persuade you to try one of these old fashion devices should you wish to get a clean shave instead of the current style of "I almost shaved... a week ago" look.

dmshaver, AGHisBBS, MR41 and 6 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    They are both the same for me: useless.
    Welcome to TSD.

AGHisBBS, MR41, Primotenore and 3 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome aboard! I do use a trimmer - to trim my goatee. I use a razor - NOT electric - to shave the rest of my face and my head. Electric razors do not shave nearly close enough and the aesthetics are totally undesirable. My two cents worth.

AGHisBBS, Primotenore and RyX like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:signs011:

AGHisBBS and NCoxSTL like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome. Electric razors rate right along side plastic cart garbage.. I use a trimmer to trim my goatee to length.

AGHisBBS, NCoxSTL, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

Hembree likes this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @Lee Russell
    While I use neither, we hope you will interact with the members here. Most of us are here, because we gave up gear such as electric razors. Be ready for that aspect in ALL wet shaving fora.

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

AGHisBBS and Hembree like this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

14. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..never used electrics so i can't comment..vintage gillettes for me..

15. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome.

I can't really add anything to what's been said already.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Welcome from the Florida Keys

17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Lee Russell

I hope you enjoy it here. :happy088:
    They are probably like a pair of scissors and a pair of shears, no real difference they do the same thing. Both (electric shaver & electric trimmer) are ok for trimming, however neither will give you a good shave.:)

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!