Well, crap

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by JBSharp, Jan 8, 2014.

1. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

My 9-year-old son has been begging me to grow out my beard, so I gave in over the holidays, intending to shave after the new year. But now SWMBO, who has ever opposed all growth beyond my eternal moustache/goatee combo, likes it! She's happy, and that's always good, but except for a little trim work, I'm not shaving. I refuse to break out my new TSD blade sampler until I return to full-face shaving, but in the meantime it's just sitting there! Maddening. I am getting to practice more finesse in my shaving technique, though.

Monkeylord and macaronus like this.
  2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Joey,

While we all love our brides and wives dearly and with all our hearts, you know what you have to do, don't you?

3. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Tell your wife that you'll be glad to keep the beard, but to quench your need to shave, you'll be shaving her legs! ;) This could work to your benefit!

4. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Or shave his own legs.

5. JBSharp

You know, I've tried to move to shaving her legs, but she hasn't warmed to that. Our two dachshunds are starting to look like tempting targets, though.

Now that might shake something up.

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Start looking at "ZZ TOP" videos and "Duck Dynasty" on TV with her and commenting how when your beard gets that long your going to plat it...Ask her if she would prefer a double or triple plat? If she believes your serious she may rethink her position...;)

jeraldgordon, PatrickA51 and JRod22 like this.
  7. Lutebro

Lutebro Well-Known Member

Hahaha!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm so thankful my beard is white and my wife and kids hate it.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I thought the usual line was "Honey, I have to shave for work."

10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It would be a perfect case of "Honey, you have your face, I have mine. EOD.". :duel:

Seriously, I'm sure she'll love you, should you shave it off again... ;)

11. JBSharp

See, that's the thing: I used to have to shave for work, but I grew out the goat when I escaped, so I can't pull that one out. Truthfully speaking, I like the beard but I miss shaving.

12. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Enjoy the beard. Sooner or later you will tire of it and return to full face shaving. At least that is what happened to me awhile back. YMMV. :)

JBSharp likes this.
  13. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I had a beard before wet shaving also. Loved it. Wife hated it (it tickles she said). But I hated trimming it. So I made a stand and removed it all. It also helped a bit that I read that up to 80% of all women actually prefer clean shaved, no beard, no stubble.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  14. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

This is what I was going to suggest...kinda. Go to sleep with your face craddled between her neck and shoulders.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or his back. ;)

16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

His neck his back...

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Or line up your beard with a DE.

18. JBSharp

That's what I'm doing, so I'm taking it as an opportunity to fine-tune my precision maneuvers.

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You could keep it for the winter and shave again when it gets warm. "It's too warm for a beard" is a pretty good reason.

John Beeman and JBSharp like this.
  20. JBSharp

You must think I like getting kicked in the doo-dads.

jeraldgordon likes this.