Well-known SE makers about to release new or upgraded versions.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jgreenepa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I'm sure this is old news to most of you, but both Colonial and Blackland will be releasing upgraded versions of the General and the Vector, respectively in the next month or two. I'm keen to get my hands on one or the other. I've recently become enamored of AC blades through my recent purchase of RR's Hulk Hawk. I've had 6 incredible shaves with that razor using the same Kai Mild Pink blade. I have a box of Schick Proline blades arriving in about a week and had heard that that blade was not compatible with all AC razors. I'm sure that one or more of you know whether it is compatible with either the RR Hawk, Colonial General, or Blackland Vector. Thanks in advance for your input.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

RyX likes this.
  2. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

I have two Hawk v2 and up till now they are unbeatable when it comes to efficiency closeness and also smooth with the Kai mild pink. They perdoe-me very well for also with proline, feather proguard and feather professional blades. The professional blades may get even more closer but are the less smooth but all around fantastic. My only critic goes to the inferior material and not having higher value finish.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

3. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Are the Artist Club blades used in SE razors the same as used in a Feather shavette?

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I bought a Feather clone kamisori / shavette called Univinlions. It takes Feather Artist Club blades. Having prior SR & shavette experience I went with the Professional option.
    SOTD 06162019 TSD Monkey Farts.gif

elektrotasil, jaro, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Finally, Blackland Vector OC.
    Same geometry, but open comb bar.

[​IMG]

elektrotasil, Herm2502 and brit like this.
  6. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

elektrotasil, Hembree and brit like this.