Wetshaving since May...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by UnklGus, Oct 10, 2009.

1. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

Hello TSD friends,

It has been a while since I have made my presence known here. I have continued to do the Wetshaving routine. In May I started wet shaving with a Gillette Tech, and some of those cheap blades from Wal Mart. Together they were the worst combination that I have come across.

My "den" has grown from the Gillette Tech, to seven razors.

DE Razors
    Gillette Tech
    Gillette NEW
    Merkur 38c
    Gillette Black Tip SS
    Gillette Super Adjustable

SE Razor
    Gem Micormatic

Straight
    HM Christensen 5/8

My go to razor tends to me the Super Adjustable. Though my favorite razor is the Merkur. I have used the Gem a coulple of times, but have not gotten the technique down as of yet. The Straight that I have was a PIF from a TSD member. I have not had to much time to figure out that technique. I will probably at some point pass it along to another person who may want to learn now to use a Straight. I will stick to the Safety Razors.

I have tried a number of different blades. My go to blade is usually the Derby. Feathers are good too, as long as you are not in any hurry to be done.

Creams are something that I have only used a few different kinds. Kiss My Face is usually my norm. It is very easy for me to get a come and consistant lather with the KMF. I have also tried Waleda, which I also enjoy using from time to time. Though it takes a little longer to get a good lather.

I have have learned a lot from since May. I owe TSD for most of shaving knowledge. Thanks to all of you who have helped me. I do intend to try to get onto the den more often again!

Gus

2. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update there, Gus :happy088

It's good to see that your den has grown, same as your interest in wet shaving :D

You have some nice equipment gathered and I'm sure that every shave is going to be an enjoyment!!