We've talked coffee and tea; what about espresso?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Jasman, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

For those who like the stronger, more concentrated taste of espresso rather than coffee, what's your go-to bean? Or, is the bean less important to you than the roast? Do you dress it up as a latte, an americano (my choice), or something else?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Illy if I buy from the grocery.

I drink it Cuban style (as a shot), Vietnamese style (sweetened condensed milk over ice) and Americano. I drink Lattes also, but only from coffee shops.

Jasman likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

bustello
    wife makes it, it's pretty strong.

Jasman and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Always an americano. And always with Ethiopian beans.

Jasman likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I don't often have an espresso, but when I do, its a doppio!
    [​IMG]

6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I love espresso. I have an espresso machine(capsules). I get the lungo capsules it tastes real good. I like drinking espresso at real coffee shops, I wish I could afford a real espresso machine!

RaZorBurn123 and Jasman like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Keurig but can't make up my mind.

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

IF I were to invest in 'podded coffee'—this would be MY choice: Nespresso VentuoLine or the Nespresso Espresso
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I want to be able to use something like that to quickly brew into my Klean Kanteen insulated mug.
    It's 16oz and it seems like it's near impossible to find a pod-based maker that can make a 16oz cup.
    There are options of course such as running two cups of 8oz into it, etc but I still would love to get a 16oz oneshot brew done.

<--- Lazy boy

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I suppose then these are out of the equation....:D

[​IMG]

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I use one of these every morning:
    [​IMG]

12. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Espress Yourself

[​IMG]

:eatdrink013::eatdrink013::eatdrink013:

dscaver and icemanwbs like this.
  13. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have had a Moka Pot (stove top espresso maker) since the early 90's. There was a small Italian grocery run by an 80ish year old man in South Philly. It was down the street from my apartment and one day I stopped in looking to buy one. He had a number of bags of sack crete that needed to be moved and asked if I could help. With nothing pressing happening, I moved the concrete and ended up spending a few hours there drinking coffee and just talking with him. It was a fantastic afternoon and when it came time to buy one, he gave me a well used old banged up one that was given to him by his older brother a number of decades previously. Both he and the store are long gone now, but I still have it and think of him when I use it. For the most part, I drink tea, but am hoping that this coffee pot will last me for the duration.

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Great story.

Bama Samurai and PanChango like this.
  16. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Nice PanChango! They're tough as old boots. Mine's about the same age, late 80's, and still does the job fine. Wears the miscellanea of bumps & bruises acquired over the years with grace too. Not so sure I'd wager money on the same being true for a lot of the contemporary designer gadgets. ;)

Bama Samurai and PanChango like this.
  17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

About the only thing that ever needs to be replaced is the gasket. I think I have gone through two in the last 23 years. My handle is partially melted and the base looks like the carbonite in which they froze Han Solo, but it still puts out a great cuppa.

They are handy and I use it mostly for strong iced coffee during the summer. I have become very simple when it comes to coffee preferring just a good strong cup of black coffee.

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  18. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

That's a beautiful example of why it's important to help others.

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Love Moka Pot espresso, when at home.

20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I was thinking about getting one of those, but decided against it