What All-Brass Safety Razors Exist?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael_W, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I like brass safety razors for the weight and the way they take plating, but most if not all I've had in my possession were ones with only the handle being plated brass and the cap and base plates being zinc alloy. But are there any all-brass razors on the market, vintage or new? I mean, obviously, handle, base plate, and cap are all plated brass. If so, what are they, and are they attainable?

2. brit

brit in a box

Karve razors.all brass ,unplated.vintage gillettes 1966 or older excluding the tech,1963 or older.

3. manu.aneja

manu.aneja Active Member

There are quite a few.
    Karve christopher bradley and overlander
    Alpha bandit also I believe
    Blackland blackbird in brass.. now discontinued
    Pearl shaving also has some all brass razors

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

The Karve has been mentioned already…it is a well designed and well constructed tool with a variety of plate options. Just a great shaver, imho.

5. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

Vintage Gillette prior 1965

6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Fatip is another.

And yeah, I love brass too.

7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have this Razorine that has a brass head but the handle is stainless. You could swap the handle for a brass one. Nice shaver too!
    Razorine Flatboy03a.jpg Razorine Flatboy02.jpg Razorine Flatboy01.jpg

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Yaqi just came out with 2 variants of brass adjustable razors that sold out immediately almost, Its called the "The final cut" and looks OK. I have the Zamak model and really enjoy it and the brass models are really hyped in my mind but folks really like brass I guess, $120 US some more are for sale, The are similar to the Gibbs 1930's design but take standard Gillette blades. If you like vintage brass razors Gem has different models that where not coated also as you already know.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

9. wheatshocker

wheatshocker Guest

Never knew there were so many brass razors. Thanks for all contributors to this question.

BTW, the Yaqi Final Cut razor is now on sale for $95.65, which is 20% off.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2022
    brit likes this.
  10. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Also the Chiseled Face Groomatorium has their Legacy razors in solid, polished brass.

brit, Primotenore and Frijolero like this.