What are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Key2Wellness, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

It is so easy to not recognize how much we have and not be thankful for them.
    In my family we always say what we are thankful for on Thanksgiving.
    So why not here?
    What are you thankful for?
    It can be silly or heartfelt.

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Now that I'm getting older I'm basically thankful for my children and their health and also my own and my girlfriend's health. I'm also thankful for the very few,but very close friends that I have. As cliché as it may sound, that is all that matters to me deep down.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oh so many things... first and foremost, my loving husband. Then there is the knowledge that there is a roof over my head, food on the table, heat in the winter, etc. My home is cheery, I have friends & hobbies, volunteer work I find meaningful and there is humor in my life.

4. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

This year has been a mixed bag of good and bad.
    Something which I am thankful for and proud of is my daughter. She has started her career with Disney and bought her first home. All at the age of 22. She is definitly not one the millennials who expects things to be handed to her. She is well a head of her peers. So proud and thankful for her.

5. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I can get out of bed each morning, under my own power, and have a *good* cup of coffee.
    I go to work in a decent car, holiday or not, at 2am or 6am, weekday or weekend, to a job I like & that pays me enough to enjoy life.
    I have a son who's turned out to be a better man than I, who's married to a good woman, and who's given me three good grandsons.
    I have food in my belly, clothes on my back, and a soft bed to sleep in each night under a solid roof.
    And, finally, the fact that I was born in Texas, I'll die in Texas, and in the meantime, I'll by God *live* in Texas.

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I am thankful that, after more than a year, my manager finally starts to look into ways to reduce my workload! Now let's hope that it will really improve in 2017.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

8. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Thankful I get to spend four days with my wife enjoying our life together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

My health. Had a long time battle with a cranial nerve infection. Recovery is a blessing, it is not easy. , and pulling through is something I am both thankful and grateful for.

Keithmax and Sara-s like this.
  10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Me and my wife's health. Planned retirement. Three great kids and four grand kids. Don't get much better than that.

11. whaap

whaap Active Member

Wow. My wife and I retired in 1989 and have been able to pursue traveling, volunteering and pretty much doing what ever we decide we would like to do. On top of that I'm 82 and for my age I'm enjoying incredible health. Sure some things are noticeably starting to slow down a little but compared to so many I'm miles ahead of the game. The best thing I ever did was marry the woman I did 58 years ago. She has been the most incredible companion a person could have and she's still right there by my side. Life is good!!

Keithmax, mrchick and PickledNorthern like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's right, I answered what I was thankful for in the Gratitude thread.

13. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Many things to be thankful for this year. All the kids are healthy, I retired from the Army National Guard on Reformation Day this year, and I have continued to work towards a graduate degree in teaching (plan to teach after I "retire" from the technology field). I am blessed.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sara-s likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What do you plan to teach?

15. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My goal is to teach history at either at either the high school level or undergraduate courses at a college. The program I am taking is Teaching and Learning with a history cognate. My wife isn't real excited about the likely requirement of a terminal degree for a lot of college positions, but time will tell.

Sara-s likes this.
  16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Everyone and everything.

17. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Family and Friends... Without them I would be completely lost.