What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank you Mike.

Aztecmike likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Give it to the right forum member and they'll figure out how to turn it into a blade stropper or some other shave related tool.

PLANofMAN, cliffb599 and brit like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I don't know about rare but those style sets with a new improved razor usually had the name of the set stitched into the lid under the Gillette logo. Interesting that one doesn't. You should be able to date it also if it has a serial number on it.

Hembree, myles wilson and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

my set with the bright red interior didn't have a name stitched either.dated 1921 by the serial #..

Hembree likes this.
  5. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

:signs011:

Hembree and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

here is mine.. i used it that day with the karve 3 inch handle..
    20200405_143814_edited.jpg
    i have since passed the set on..

7. jimjo1031

I do believe that what you have is a mismatched set. The case belongs to a New Premium razor, which is gold New Short Comb with a short common bar handle. The razor is a Tuckaway.

myles wilson, Hembree and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

not so fast..:)/i have seen 4 other sets with this same configuration..including my own b near nos set..

Hembree likes this.
  9. jimjo1031

This is what I went by.............
    1930s Norfolk gold beschriftet-Logo.jpg

BigD, Hembree and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

yes sir,as did i at first.i believe these were carry over cases..again..mine was near nos with a split handle..unfortunately i passed it on ..
    20200405_143814_edited.jpg
    i have seen 3 others ,in original but as found condition ,poorer shape than mine..1 set in Europe..unlikely a scammer..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

That I believe is possible. We all know Gillette would mix razor and cases when supplies would run low.

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

as much as i love our in house razor center there are many sets he doesn't have or have pics of..:)..his expertise is brit/euro razors..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

I've seen a few sets that looked mismatched, but might not be. I guess the problem would be on how to authenticate some of them as parts can be switched.

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

not trying to prove folks are wrong by any means Jim..too many folks see pics and think it's the real deal.there are so many other sets not shown and newbie collectors think they are fakes..my new sc cambridge got laughed at by a supposedly known historian ..he is clue less..:)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i never take anyones word without pics or documents to prove it.it's all speculation..:)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

Yeah, there are most likely sets that aren't on his list. If I'm thinking correctly, as I was told this as a youngster, Super Speeds were also offered in non plastic cases, at a higher price.

brit likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..:)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

That's how I got my first Black Tip, from an estate sale.

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

at least half of the collectors game was to up their own image/collections..rockets are canadian,never sold as such in england until the hd model after 53 etc..a real gillette historian is needed to fill in the gaps..not a collector /sales outlet..:D..still ..fun to shave with..i know nothing but what i have seen or read..:)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am expecting this EndGem 3D printed razor. I am excited to get it.
    endgem03.jpg

SlimGem, Droo78, jluc and 1 other person like this.