What blade is this?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bittermormon, Jun 26, 2012.

1. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I think after trying many different blades, I have found my favorite. One problem...I don't know what it is. I think it came from a sampler from WCS and it is a Crystal, but mine is in a plastic box that you can store old blades in, not a cardboard box like pictured in the link.

Can anyone help?

edit: OK my image won't work. Sorry, here it is.

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  3. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

You're absolutely right, bittermormon. Once you open the cardboard packaging, there is a little plastic case inside. I must have received the same sampler, because I have the same blades and just double-checked. Inside, mine look just like that.

EDIT: I haven't tried mine either, but your comments are promising. I'll have to give them a go just as soon as I am able to suppress the horror invoked by my recent attempt with a new blade (bluebirds)...

4. bittermormon

Thanks. BTW Smott, I'm just up the street in SLC. Hi neighbor.

5. Smott

Cool! Too bad this wasn't a gaming forum or a sports forum where we could arrange a meet-up party and enjoy the hobby together. Shaving together would be a little awkward...

6. bittermormon

Good point. If you're up in SLC I hear Tinder Box by fashion place mall has some Merkur razors and Col Conk Soaps though. I've found some other stuff locally. I can PM if you're interested.

7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    :signs047: Meet-up parties are what the Travel Box is for.

8. Smott

Well, it looks like burpsan, bittermormon, and I are the only active TSD members from Utah that I'm aware of. Unless you're suggesting sending people around in the Travel Box. Road trip!

PLANofMAN likes this.
  9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I don't think you would fit in a flat rate box. I don't care how flexible people say you are.:D

10. Smott

If I carry a book in each arm, can I be sent media mail?

And to keep this on topic, I could also bring a pack of Crystal blades with me...

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Same blade also known as Israeli Personna.

This is the guy I used to get them from before I switched to Voskhod:
    100 (since they are hand-packed in the little white carton, it's usually more like 100+) for $14.76 shipped free
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/250885627571

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390410393368

Both listings different name, same seller.

bittermormon likes this.
  12. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I have and use them. They are a nice blade. Worth having.
    *has to be more than 2 people in Utah that shave.:)-)

13. DaveO

DaveO Active Member

I didn't know what blades they were. I am new to this forum and just bought a Feather DE razor from Amazon for around $ 20. I have used it about 5 times so far with a 7 o'clock stainless blade. So far I am pleased with the shave I am getting, although it it not any closer than my other razor. I have been using the Gillette M3 power, but the blades are $ 4 or so each even in a 5 pack. Of course I am using them for about 4 months before I change them. I went 8 months once just to see how bad it got. It really wasn't bad at all.
    I am thinking if I like this razor after a few months, I might try one of the adjustable Merkur DE safety razors or the Mergress adapted ones if I can find one.