What cart blades could be made in Sweden?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by gorgo2, Jul 1, 2017.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Dollar Tree today...the usual variety of all Chinese razors and a few South Korean Dorco products, like Barbasol's and a ladies' U.S. made Personna disposable.

Had time to kill so I got looking closely at some of the packaging. The ReliaShave "4Ward" (four blade) disposable -- Sensor compatible, btw -- proudly says on the front, "Razor Blades Made in Sweden." Says on the back that it's constructed in China but again, Swedish blades. No other, that I noticed, said this.

Assuming they're being honest, what company might be making these for Tella-Tech, Inc, the distributor who supplies Dollar Tree? All thoughts welcome.

PS

Still clean shaven from this morning so I'll try 'em out sometime.

2. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Swedish and Japanese steel are the preferred steel coils used in the production of razor blades in Asia.

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The razors are made by Ningbo Weili Razor in China.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Now that I think of it, lots of cheaper disposables feel like the blades are carbon. They have that interesting resistance while still being more than sharp enough to slice hair. These were no different. Assuming carbon is cheaper to use than stainless, it's probably a given.