What DE razors I have so far

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Doubletrouble, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

IMG_20150201_182146_315.jpg Not sure if I did this right. The TTO is a '58 Gillette ss handed down to me by my uncle. The other in the case was my grandpas also given to me by my uncle. Unsure of the year on that one, it is also a Gillette. No date codes on it though. If anyone could help date the one in the case that'd be great.

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

3. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

Nice family heirlooms. I have to buy mine. ;)

maltedmilk likes this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That's great that you were able to have such nice family heirlooms.

5. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

The tech seems to do a litte better for me. I've only used it once but saw a noticable difference. The short handles are a bit awkward for me but I'll make due for now.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The fat handle tech is pre-WWII. Very nice. Being from your grandpa makes it even more special.

BigMark likes this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Nice razors. Definitely a special thing to have heirlooms handed down like that.

8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice gifts. You definitely want to clean them up and shave with them, right? They're both nice razors!
    :happy036:

NCoxSTL likes this.
  9. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

I like vintage things anyway so this is all very interesting to me. I feel more times than not that the old ways were the best ways. I find myself reverting back to older ways of doing things quite often.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  10. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

Herm, yes I have cleaned them both and have used both as well. Love it so far.